• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 and 1100T owners you will want to check this

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
The attached photo is how your fuel filter should look installed. Notice that the filter is clipped in on the left side of the filter in this picture.

If it is clipped in on the right side, the hose rides too close to the jackshaft, and could cause rubbing, then leaking, then boom........

If yours is not like this picture, pull the filter out of the clip, rotate the clip 180 degrees and install like the picture.

Pay attention to that little snap at the bottom of the clip. It keeps the filter flange from backing out...

Just wanted to get word out to you guys as this is a potential life safety thing.....

I suspect you will be hearing more from Arctic Cat on this in the near future.......

correct fuel filter position in clip.jpg

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes worth thousands of words like "MY SLED.................FIRE...............MY FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLAR SLED!!!....................FIRE!!!!!......." and so on and so forth.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Mine was built 12-7-2012 and they did not have it snapped in correctly.
014-5.jpg

U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
That's exactly what mine looked like. It made the fuel line really close to the jackshaft, but it was not touching.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
That's exactly what mine looked like. It made the fuel line really close to the jackshaft, but it was not touching.

And that, ladies and gentlemen is why a few of these sleds started on fire and provided a nice fire for a weenie roast.......

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
mine was on the correct side of the filter but the bracket, which is riveted, was spun around 180 deg so the little notch was forward.

KSH i think you need to spin your bracket around 180. The notch the little lip on the filter sits in is facing the wrong direction i believe. This actually brings the gas line farther away from the jackshaft.

filter.JPG

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
mine was on the correct side of the filter but the bracket, which is riveted, was spun around 180 deg so the little notch was forward.

KSH i think you need to spin your bracket around 180. The notch the little lip on the filter sits in is facing the wrong direction i believe. This actually brings the gas line farther away from the jackshaft.

You mean like this, I knew I would regret not posting both pics :face-icon-small-fro
And my fuel lines either way were far away from the jackshaft, but if it bounced out of the holder it would lay against it.
015-6.jpg

C

catrider800

Jan 9, 2008
Albany, MN
I wish this bulletin would have come out about 2 weeks earlier. This is a very important thing to look for before you run your sled. I checked things over when I got the sled, but everything is so tight on the back side of the motor it's hard to see just glancing at it. I would have avoided this with my sled. I had 45 miles on when it went up!

Fire3.jpg

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I wish this bulletin would have come out about 2 weeks earlier. This is a very important thing to look for before you run your sled. I checked things over when I got the sled, but everything is so tight on the back side of the motor it's hard to see just glancing at it. I would have avoided this with my sled. I had 45 miles on when it went up!

How did Cat resolve this burn down with you

C

catrider800

Jan 9, 2008
Albany, MN
It isn't finalized yet, but I should have a replacement sled this week and they are covering the accessories as well. It's taken almost two weeks so far, but I would say Im fairly satisfied with how they are taking care of it. I propably could have gotten a different colored one from dealer stock and been riding within a few days, but with no snow in MN I didn't feel the need to rush anything.

Premium Features