• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000' on my new proclimb and the bogey wheel falls off.............

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
It fell off my ski castors (Bogie wheel looking things, not the cheap 10 cent castors that come on many other set ups).......

I pulled my new M1100T off the trailer and pointed it towards the garage, and thought "nope this aint gonna happen, I gotta go take it around the cul de sac for a quick rip"

Went along at the recommended 5 mph (That the manufacturer of the castor wheels says in the direction manual),,,,,,,,, well that was until I got to the end and turned around. Now there was 1000' between me and my driveway..........

Did I continue to go the recommended 5 mph?

Heck no!! I pinned it got going 40-50 real fast and then I loo0ked down and noticed the bogie wheel shot out in front of me on the right and continued on nearly running over the neighbors cat crossing the road, and coming to stop in my neighbors yard up near the house.

I guess I need to tone it down a bit and just wait for snow like everyone else.....

Its got that new engine smell to it.......... I think I am going to go out and sit on it with the engine running........

IMAG0072.jpg

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Please step away from the vehicle.

Reckless driving with the castors can result in injury, death, or worse-road rash. Put the sled in the garage and don't mess with it until you are ready to allow it to eat some snow!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
It fell off my ski castors (Bogie wheel looking things, not the cheap 10 cent castors that come on many other set ups).......

I pulled my new M1100T off the trailer and pointed it towards the garage, and thought "nope this aint gonna happen, I gotta go take it around the cul de sac for a quick rip"

Went along at the recommended 5 mph (That the manufacturer of the castor wheels says in the direction manual),,,,,,,,, well that was until I got to the end and turned around. Now there was 1000' between me and my driveway..........

Heck no!! I pinned it got going 40-50 real fast and then I loo0ked down and noticed the bogie wheel shot out in front of me on the right and continued on nearly running over the neighbors cat crossing the road, and coming to stop in my neighbors yard up near the house.

I guess I need to tone it down a bit and just wait for snow like everyone else.....

Its got that new engine smell to it.......... I think I am going to go out and sit on it with the engine running........

Hahahahaha.

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Ok it is officially now ski-laxn's suicide prevention needed. I really hope there is therapy in my future. This being patient is for the grasshoppers.
I WANT MY SLED AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
That sled looks great. Congrats

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Please step away from the vehicle.

Reckless driving with the castors can result in injury, death, or worse-road rash. Put the sled in the garage and don't mess with it until you are ready to allow it to eat some snow!

Come on!! Station!!

What fun is that?

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
You are a child haha! Im 18 and drove mine straight into the garage and haven't started it since!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
You are a child haha! Im 18 and drove mine straight into the garage and haven't started it since!

Actually I take that as a compliment,,,,,,,,,,,, thank you.........

My bones are telling me I am not a child, but at least I am still young in the brain....... So I got that going for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which is nice.....

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
A few months ago I built a sled deck and my new ride wasn't here yet so I started up my backup sled so I could try the deck out. I was showing off in the cul de sac (steer able dollies) and I almost hit one of the neighbor’s cars.

Did you find the retainer and rubber washer?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Actually I take that as a compliment,,,,,,,,,,,, thank you.........

My bones are telling me I am not a child, but at least I am still young in the brain....... So I got that going for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which is nice.....

A child would have not put the wheels on the skis first! Haha. .

You have given me a :brokenheart:that you would do such a test ride and not film it to share with us.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
A few months ago I built a sled deck and my new ride wasn't here yet so I started up my backup sled so I could try the deck out. I was showing off in the cul de sac (steer able dollies) and I almost hit one of the neighbor’s cars.

Did you find the retainer and rubber washer?

Retainer?

Hmmmm, that could be why those wheels are falling off so easily..........

Doh!! Have to recheck my work....

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007

Good thing you are sponshured or you might be on here posting about poor quality and needing overnight replacement.... :)

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Jeff, don't take the 18 year olds comment to heart. 18 year olds generally don't have enough disposable income to risk doing crazy and potentially expensive stuff like us guys can. Lol:)

And 18 year old, I'm just takin the piss out of ya. Nuttin serious.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
The 1100t is to heavy, you need a pair of this sucker's.
http://www.hellotrade.com/boerkey/roller-skate-express.html

data2-vm-lu-htvendor-1195317-product-20021225163716-100x100.jpg

Not sure those would work, but what the heck, i'll give em' a try

Premium Features