• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fastrax Pro RMK 4130 Chromoly Front Bumper

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
The stocker is aluminum...so why update to an aftermarket aluminum bumper when there is 4130 Chromoly available? Stronger, just as light, and a cleaner design by Fastrax Motorsports.

Lets face it...TREES HAPPEN!! Look at the lines...designed to protect your expensive bodywork and pipe.

$329.

Give Curt a call, he'll take care of ALL your Pro RMK needs. http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=99

projectprormk078.jpg

ftxtunnelbrackets034.jpg

ftxtunnelbrackets026.jpg

projectprofinished005.jpg

Last edited:
R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
You might not want this to happen to your Pro....

BTW, not my sled. Saw the picture on Facebook and saved it. Not sure who it was but I think it was one of Burandt's demo sleds from last spring with one of his customers riding it.

attachment.php

wrecked prormk.jpg

Last edited:
M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
No bumper was going to help that!
Bummer....

it's true that some hits are beyond help...BUT...look at the way the middle support buckled and allowed the aluminum bumper to fold down, exposing the pipe.

Chromoly will withstand a much greater hit before that happens.

And I agree....Bummer!!

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
So what do you do when your bumper is bomb proof and you hit a tree? something is going to give...... your bulkhead where your tied into from the bumper. It's a fine line from to strong to to weak.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
So what do you do when your bumper is bomb proof and you hit a tree? something is going to give...... your bulkhead where your tied into from the bumper. It's a fine line from to strong to to weak.

I don't think anyone is saying ANY of the bumpers are bomb proof...I know from first hand experience that the Chromoly bumper on the IQ chassis took enough of the impact as it crumpled that it saved the pipe and suspension, and did NO damage to the bulkhead.

EVERY aluminum bumper tree impact that I witnessed on the IQ resulted in damaged bodywork, pipe, or suspension...EVERY one.

Again, if the impact is bad enough, nothing is going to save you from having busted parts.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I don't think anyone is saying ANY of the bumpers are bomb proof...I know from first hand experience that the Chromoly bumper on the IQ chassis took enough of the impact as it crumpled that it saved the pipe and suspension, and did NO damage to the bulkhead.

EVERY aluminum bumper tree impact that I witnessed on the IQ resulted in damaged bodywork, pipe, or suspension...EVERY one.

Again, if the impact is bad enough, nothing is going to save you from having busted parts.

EXACTLY!!!!!

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Back to the top...snow is flying... sleds are getting miles...upgrade your bumper BEFORE the tree magnet has a chance to ruin your day!!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs

Not every alum. results in damage, I had both, a TCP and a skins bumper on my 07 and 08 IQ sleds with serious tree hits with no damage to my hood or pipe. I now have Skins bumpers on both sleds.

Here's my TCP impact, broke the tabs off the bumper, rewelded them on, no hood damage.
Feb22003.jpg

Last edited:
M

Milton900

May 30, 2008

X2

Looking bumper that will crumple and not just snap!

B
Mar 6, 2009
I've broke one and bent the second one already. I heard the rush bumper will bolt on, but haven't seen one to see if its stronger.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI

X2.....I would rather replace a bumper, and pipe then a bulkhead....not to mention just like on a car there are crush impact zones. I would rather the sled take the hit then if I was on the sled and I be on it, and the sled/bumper absorbs none, and I absorb it.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Just for clarification, The upper A frame on the Pro has the cast aluminum bumper tabs, If you break the bumper tabs in a crash, you can replace the whole upper A frame for $ 179.00 VS the stock bumper for $120. A bomb proof bumper makes sense, it's cheaper to replace the A frame then buying bumper after bumper. (well if you boondock like i do? )

Premium Features