• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone got some time on a Nytro MTX 162 SE?

E
Jan 13, 2010
Looking for comments, good and bad on the new Nytro 162. I currently have an 08 M1000. It is a great sled. But thinking of switching and pump gas turbo a Nytro.
But would like comments on a stock and turbo Nytro. How does it transfer? how does it go through the snow compared to the older Nytros, compared to competition: Dragon 800, M-8 etc. I know it is considered in the "700" class, but the 800 class is the bench mark.
boondocking? stock and turbo?
Anything you guys can help with would be greatly appreciated!

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
I have rode the 2010 162 SE head to head with the 2010 700 RMK 155. They are pretty compareable.
I have also ridden the 08-09 Nytro's and the 2010 is whole differnet animal in the pow. It actually gets on the snow and floats pretty darn good. Transfer is just about right. With a more aggresive track it would be perfect. It has a little heavier feel than the RMK in deeper snow and you do notice the weight more so on firm or harpack snow for sure. On the other side of the coin the RMK can be a bit twichy at times where the Nytro feel smooth stable and eisier to hold a line. On a big open hill the Nytro would run off and leave the 700 RMK and would probably give the 800's a run for thier money if it had a better track. The new maverick is just about as useless as the old one. The RMK sidehills a bit better for sure also. My opinion is both sleds are great and from what I have experienced if I was going to buy a 2 smoker I would take the RMK 700 over the 8 but I personally wont be buying any more 2-strokes.
You really need to ride these sleds for yourself on the same day or same snow conditions to find the right one for you.

E
Jan 13, 2010
Thanks

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I ride in McCall a ton and you just don't see that many of them. Dustin from Outlaw is a friend of mine and we keep missing each other to hook up and ride. Hopefully next week. I was the same way, I am an expert rider in motocross and back in 01 when the 250f came out, I was not a believer....until I rode one, haven't been a two stroke since.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Polar opposites from 08/09 to 2010 SE package.:face-icon-small-sho
If you are in Revy march 27th come see for yourself at Yamafest. We will have several to demo.:face-icon-small-hap
RS

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Polar opposites from 08/09 to 2010 SE package
RS

Okay so I got a question...

08/09 with timer skid, 162, and tunnel mod = to or greater than 2010 SE?

If this is true...wouldn't you be better off picking one of these up much cheaper and doing this?

or...are there other variables I am missing that make the 2010 that much better?

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Good question.
I really think it is the sum of all parts. In canada at the moment with factory incentives it really is approx 2-3k max diff to go to the 2010........I know exactly where I would spend my money:face-icon-small-coo
I'd ride a 2010 as an OEM sled all day long........toss in the low boost kit and its something I spent a day on and loved it.:face-icon-small-hap
I'd say try one if you can and form your own decision.
Safe sleddin
RS

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
On new year's eve I bought a new 09 Nytro and a 10 SE.

We have maybe 300 miles or so on each of them.

The SE outperforms the 09 every single time.
My son rides the new 09 and while I am VERY MUCH a newby to riding, this being my first year where I am riding on a weekly basis, I am just able to do things on the SE that he can't.

Having said that, when you are lucky enough to find deep fresh powder, it feels to me like the sled is lacking power. another 35-50 ponies would really be welcome in fresh powder. The sled still performs well, but it doesn't feel like it has anymore left to offer you, and I like knowing there is always some left in reserve if you need it.

That said, I am VERY HAPPY with this sled and look forward to many years of riding.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

W
Dec 6, 2009
I think the 153 pulled better then 163 on same hill jumping from one sled to the other and trying them out, but if you are going to turbo it I would go with the 163

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Good question.
I really think it is the sum of all parts. In canada at the moment with factory incentives it really is approx 2-3k max diff to go to the 2010........I know exactly where I would spend my money:face-icon-small-coo
I'd ride a 2010 as an OEM sled all day long........toss in the low boost kit and its something I spent a day on and loved it.:face-icon-small-hap
I'd say try one if you can and form your own decision.
Safe sleddin
RS

I agree Randy. The only things I find fault with is the track and the clutching. Slapped a 2.5" CE under my 162 and it's an even better animal. My clutching changes have worked out really well. Just waiting for the ECU to unlock the rest of the power and some final tuning:face-icon-small-coo

Now, if I could get at job a SnoWest as a moderator, I'd be planning on some boost :)................

Just poking Christopher.

Oh well, back to the real world...

Scott

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Now, if I could get at job a SnoWest as a moderator, I'd be planning on some boost :)................

Just poking Christopher.

Oh well, back to the real world...

Scott
Carefull what you ask for.
I am ALWAYS looking for new moderators!!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Premium Features