• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Truck Owners

Which color would you choose?

• Black

Votes: 231 51.9%
  • White

Votes: 214 48.1%

• Total voters

northof40

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
I agree that black looks awesome when its clean. If i lived in the city I'd probably get another one... Had white, then got a black one now im back to white. But i drive gravel a lot too

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Love black color...but the ONLY time it looks good is right after you wax it...Ill never own another black truck or car...try dark blue if u want color,white always looks good

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
No doubt black looks great when clean. Just a pain to keep that way.
Ouray003.jpg

The JK is white for a reason. LOL.

Sam

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
My last 7 trucks have been black. My next 7 trucks will be black........damn I love black trucks.........!
White trucks are for those without personality, and delivery trucks......:D

Thats a fine looking GM product there SSWIM!!!

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I've got a black 07 Ram which has mettalic hints of green in it.
When the dealer pulled it up for me to look at, I was SOLD.
Now, I can't say that I hate it, but wouldn't do it again.
I had a white PSD, and liked it, however it was boring.

My last truck was the Dodge gold (almond) I loved that color, it always looked clean, you couldn't see any scratches in it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this color again.

I
Nov 4, 2008
SSAM Nice setup

SSAM-

WOW nice set up that black truck looks ridiculous, oh and the jeep works also. Kudos nice rigs, your stuff is beautiful.

I always wanted a black truck again, had one once swore I would never do it again. But ready to buy the wife a black denali. Sweet. :D

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I wouldn't want a black truck for a bunch of reasons. They show every little scratch and ding, they show swirl marks from just washing them. The darker colors are much more prone to cracking over time from the sun. They are hotter when sitting out in the sun. Having a dark leather interior is a hot sum beotch also, I hated that when I had my 5.9l Grand Cherokee. I also live down 1/4 mile of dirt road so grey and tan are my friend when it comes to not looking filthy.

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
SSWim - Nice rig!

Here is a couple samples of the black that will be on the 2011 Super Duties.

Metallic Tuxedo Black:

ag_10fusionsport_speckle.jpg

ag_10fusionsport_grille.jpg

attachment.php

F

flatfoot

Dec 2, 2007
Molt, MT
First learn the difference between a truck and a pickup. A pickup usually has 4, but occasionaly 6 wheels. A truck however, usually starts with at least 6 wheels up to ?. A pickup you can legally drive with a normal operators license. A truck with a gvw of 26,001# + requires a commercial license. I know, picky, it's my pet peeve...lol

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
First learn the difference between a truck and a pickup. A pickup usually has 4, but occasionaly 6 wheels. A truck however, usually starts with at least 6 wheels up to ?. A pickup you can legally drive with a normal operators license. A truck with a gvw of 26,001# + requires a commercial license. I know, picky, it's my pet peeve...lol

I'll be sure to pass your concerns along. Obviously Ford Truck Division needs to know this so they can change the name to Ford Pickup Division.

Also Dodge needs to change the site for their pickups since its "http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/."

While we are at it we should let the MOD's know that they either need to change the name of the "Trucks and Trailers" forum or add a "Pickups and Trailers" forum.

Ironically I also noticed that TruckTrend (you'd think they would know that they are talking about) named the 2010 Truck of the Year Winner: Ram Heavy Duty 2500/3500.

Wow what idiots right? Don't they know that the Ram Heavy Duty 2500/3500 ISN'T even a truck????

Heck, even Websters dictionary has it wrong!

Pickup Truck:
: a light truck having an enclosed cab and an open body with low sides and tailgate

Man its a conspiracy I tell ya! Thanks for setting me straight though! :p

Last edited:
S
Sep 13, 2008
My Black 03 F-250 looks as good as it did new. Sits outside all year. No garage thats for the sleds.

Sure it takes some work to keep it looking good. If it was easy and took no effort everyone would have one.

Sorry I missed meeting up with you this past Sunday with SleddHead and the rest of the group. Mabey next time

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I'll be sure to pass your concerns along. Obviously Ford Truck Division needs to know this so they can change the name to Ford Pickup Division.

Also Dodge needs to change the site for their pickups since its "http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/."

While we are at it we should let the MOD's know that they either need to change the name of the "Trucks and Trailers" forum or add a "Pickups and Trailers" forum.

Ironically I also noticed that TruckTrend (you'd think they would know that they are talking about) named the 2010 Truck of the Year Winner: Ram Heavy Duty 2500/3500.

Wow what idiots right? Don't they know that the Ram Heavy Duty 2500/3500 ISN'T even a truck????

Heck, even Websters dictionary has it wrong!

Pickup Truck:
: a light truck having an enclosed cab and an open body with low sides and tailgate

Man its a conspiracy I tell ya! Thanks for setting me straight though! :p

Thanks for the laugh!!!
I myself love the look of a freshly waxed Black car, truck, or "pickup" and snowmobile. But with that being said, it used to upset me when the kids would "clean" the snow off my car and truck oops "pickup" with thier hands. Also during the summer you couldn't stand next to my Ram (HOT!!!) let alone lean against the bed to reach inside and at the same time my Dads white superduty was cool to the touch.( I mean literally lean against it to cool off). Since My Ram I decided no more black even though it looks good there is to much maintenance (I couldn't stand to see the swirls in the sun light) and its just to hot. 300 days a year of sunshine where I live. White can look just as good as black on the superduty with the right accessories.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado
I dig black trucks too...

My last truck was a black Suburban (for sale cheap if'n ya want a truck).
This truck is a Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L diesel truck.
As you can see the truck is pulling a black trailer too. It's a lot of fun to keep clean. Oh well... it looks great behind my truck.

Truck on y'all !

B

Benstuck

Feb 2, 2008
colors

I've owned both and currently have an 08 Dodge thats black and beautiful. buttttttt it's a pain in the a$$ to keep clean and shows chips; swirl marks; and dings with clarity. It's a beautiful metal flake black. My last truck was white and looked good and still looks with 200000 miles on it. I took care of it and so does my friend the new owner but it still attracts attention. If I ever order a new one it will be white.

Premium Features