• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

00 powder special trenching???

H
Jan 10, 2009
I am having a problem with a 00 pwder special wanting to trench rather than pop up, I thought you adjusted the straps in the front of the rear suspension but am not sure. Does anyone here remember?

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
You can suck up the straps in the front of the skid. This will help. But those years had a pretty steep approach angle anyway. So no matter what you do they have a tough time getting up on top.

My son has the same sled and you just can't mash it to the bar. It will go down rather then forward.

Thunder

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
Ur tannel has a slight taper over the previous year models, which should help a little. What about the ZR mod? I did this on my 98 PS and it helped it a lot while in the deep.

Sprocket

B
Nov 27, 2007
We are still running one, straps are all the way out. The best I did with this sled was to turn the track. It has a very soft duro and folded like crazy, have come down a few hard pack hills backwards when they folded. Since the track has been turned it hooks up like crazy, throws a huge roost, climbs a lot better.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Drill out the next lower hole in the front mount and drop the tube down, then suck you limiter up with light to medium pressure on the shock spring. Keep the back as light as you can without bottoming. If you have the capability and tools drop the rear bracket 1". Put a 2" paddle track on and throw that piece of junk notched track out.

Premium Features