• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX 180 Update

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
The problem was the bent pin on the wastegate. It was causing binding right at the pin due to shipping damage, got it cleared up and now its running great.

Is the mounting tab on the turbo (where the wastegate rod attaches)supposed to be bent down a little bit, not sure if this is normal but mine is bent down approx 3/16"?

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
in our experience so far the rod should be at 13-14 turns out from seated in fully...anyone else confirm this? I am at 13 turns and I think Yamaho's at 14 turns. My guage shows around 7psi for 1500 feet is bang on!
Yamaho...HYFLYR reported a bent "thingy" too so your on to your problem. I dont recall mine being bent and seems to run.........AWESOME!!!

A

akhammer

Nov 26, 2007
anchorage, AK/ SLC Utah
Well I finally got to get the kit out in some snow. HighFlyer was there and it was deeeeep like 4-5 of fluff'. This kit really wakes this thing up. We still need some tuning but I like what I see so far. I got a lot of compliments and tears :) from all of the two strokes in our group with the *** kicking I handed out.

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
Guess depends what your counting as a "turn". Mine is 7.5 full turns out from bottom which, could equal your 14 if your counting a half turn as a turn! Enough confusion for me for now! Sherm

Sherm...Yamaho and I along with another "Turbo Tard", who shall remain nameless, are 13-14 full turns out! What I did was paint one side with white marker and rotated it 13 turns in total till i was reading 7 psi for elevation on the gauge! Our kits weren't shipped till January, so an up/downgraded TCU could have been implemented or possible an up/downgraded WG spring and or rod.
Anyways...to make myself clear, as with the other 2 in our group, we are a FULL 13-14 turns out on the WG rod!!!

Sherm...Could you send a pic, better yet post a pic of how you plumbed your BOOST Gauge??? Maybe ther is a difference in how we are reading boost levels?

Sly....do you have any input on BOOST Gauge plumbing???

Yamaho...you can let the peeps know how mine is done as I was pouring "ski's" at that point!!!!:wine:

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Akhammers sled was up and running. Was hoping to have pics but like he said, was way to DEEP for cameras and snow was coming down like crazy. Need to drop a little bit of weight out of the clutches and i think that thing will be a beast! Next ride should be right on the money.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
When I did my buddies kit you couldn't turn the rod all the way in, as the threads had been "ground" down so you couldn't go past them. But, I'm guessing that his just might have been 14 turns as well had we been able to turn it all the way in. When we checked it the boost was pretty much right on from the factory. Like you mentioned, the first kits may have had a different rod on them.

With the boost gauge I plumbed into the vacumn line just before it goes into the EFI box. This is the same line that got plumbed into the MAP sensor line under the tank. Sherm

T

torqmonster

Dec 2, 2007
Fairview, Alberta
Gas in Oil

Since I've completed the install I have noticed my oil level rising a little(100ml-300ml) after a 150km - 200 km trip. The oil has a gas smell to it? Anyone else having this problem?

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
Here's the most recent of our testing after two days of great riding!
My sled, stock primary spring, 8Bu's loaded right up (might have to washer it yet), stock secondary, 162' track, 19 top gear, rpms staying pretty much in the 8700-8800 with the odd 9000 showing up. Rod turned out 7.5 turns and boost is pretty much where it should be as per the charts.
Bruces sled, blu/whi/blu primary with 8BU's loaded right up, stock secondary, stock 153" track, 20 top gear, rpms staying 8600-8800 and boost seems right on. ........Sherm

Sherm......is this still the current set up for clutching that seems to be working for you and Bruce at elevation.....

Are you running stock rollers too in both sleds?

Secondary preload?

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
tool_man, stock rollers, fully loaded arms including a washer on each one, and, have now switched to the blu/whi/blu primary, secondary is totally stock so whatever the preload is stock? We were up in some decent snow this past week but its still really hard to tell where my rpms are at although, I didn't see any 9's this past trip out. However, the fricking sled goes so damned good I rarely have to tach it out and when I am ripping an ugly spot I dont' have time to look at the tach!
Bruce is also running stock rollers, we're switching out his stock 153 to a 162 PowderClaw one of these days so things are gonna change for him. As is, his sled still outperforms the two strokes, just trenches like a bugger with that crappy track. I just had word that our local hill had a good 1 to 2' of fresh snow so, gotta get out and try it in that. Deep powder is the only condition that I haven't been able to test the sled out properly, but no doubt it'll still be a ripper! Sherm

Premium Features