• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Ford 6.7L powerstroke 4

S

sibola

Sep 16, 2009
B.C. Canada
Stopped to check out the new F350 yesterday in P.G. I really want one, one sweet truck. New diesel is so quit, the new 6 speed tranny seems like it will be nice to. Engine brake big bonus. Speced one out King Ranch super cab long box with lots of bells and whistle's 71,000 not to bad hey. Ya right damn near had a heart attack. There's no god damn way a pickup is worth that kind of money. Guess I'll have to wait a couple of years and wait for some used one's to come on the market.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Saw a 2011 at a dealer the other day. Sharp looking truck although I like 2010 grill better myself. Too much chrome on the 2011 grill.

The one I saw a F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Lariat coming in at over $61,000!!!!!!

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
I can not see myself buying a New Ford for a bit that stinking 6.0 ruined me for a while. If the new 6.7 proves itself to be as good or better than the 7.3 PSD I will own one but until then it is 2008 Dodges, the best part about them is the DPf's just seem to fall of and the EGR just gets plugged, damn if the don't run like a dream after that. In fact I am keeping the 08 2500 4dr SB for my around town work truck and getting an 08 3500 DRW mega and sticking a flatbed/sled deck/ 5th wheel set up on it for everything else and still have less in both than a new Ford.... Can't beat that.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
52k on my 6.4 now. Tuned with atleast 150hp but mostly 275hp for most of it. Pulls everything up to 30,000lbs..
I have had to fix two flats though....still on original tires.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I removed the dpf shortly after I bought the truck.
If, and that is a big if as it dont happen all too often, I dont pull anything during a tank of fuel, I average right around 16. If I drive highway speeds in traffic, I can easily get upward of 18-20. However, most of my driving is open freeway, 75-80mph, and city driving.
Towing and empty mix, as most tanks are, I average 14.
My lightest trailer weighs around 5k, and I get 11-12 pulling it.
The only other truck that I have owned that got those averages was my 04 Duramax.

I hear this new engine is averaging 18mpg with the pre production trucks.......?

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
I removed the dpf shortly after I bought the truck.
If, and that is a big if as it dont happen all too often, I dont pull anything during a tank of fuel, I average right around 16. If I drive highway speeds in traffic, I can easily get upward of 18-20. However, most of my driving is open freeway, 75-80mph, and city driving.
Towing and empty mix, as most tanks are, I average 14.
My lightest trailer weighs around 5k, and I get 11-12 pulling it.
The only other truck that I have owned that got those averages was my 04 Duramax.

I hear this new engine is averaging 18mpg with the pre production trucks.......?

Are you running the Spartan?

D

DOOBY1

Mar 8, 2010
Does dpf delete and chip give a noticeable power increase?? Recommend doing it ?? I hate the constant shifting at freeway speedsand hoping this would help.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
So does anyone have their 2011 production model broke in yet?

M
Mar 7, 2008
20,000 miles now.
Pulls like train. No engine/powetrain/braking/handling issues.
Have had problems with cab/interior. Air leaks around drivers window / door - side mirror assembly causing annoying noisy air leaks - I stuff piece of felt between speaker at corner of door/window and window frame to muffle it. Been to dealer several times. Also power rear sliding window does not always work so have new motor on order. No dealer issue - they are trying to fix and have never been difficult to work with. They know the problems and are trying to fix. Can also hear creaking noises coming from where windshield abuts frame whenever driving on unlevel surfaces such as in/out of driveways. This is creaking coming from all sides of windshield where meets window frame. As mentioned previously paint color at interior side, bottom of door looks like they missed complete paint coverage. Some of interior storage compartment doors do not fit flush. Just seems pretty cheap for a 55,000+ vehicle. This is my 3rd Superduty truck and all others were better in these details.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
after waiting about 15 months, and was hearing nothing but good...i bought a new 2011 King Ranch...i've put 24k on it, pulling a 28' enclosed in the winter and a 32' boat (16k) in the summer....great power stock, good transmission (love the electronic controls on the six speed), no problems....mileage empty is identical with my 06 dodge megacab...mileage pulling is better by about 15%....seems Ford did a good job with the truck, i know two people who have over 70k on theirs with no problems....i also have a friend who is a service writer at a pretty good sized Ford dealer, he's telling me that warranty claims are very low....:face-icon-small-hap

M

mfatty

Dec 13, 2007
sheridan

got 54000miles on mine and no problems to speak of, h&s tuner ,dpf delete, exhaust and intake. runs great ! Its been tuned for the past 30000miles with no issues

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
At almost 72000 on mine right now and no real issues. Had a couple reflashes is all. I don't baby it either. It's a work truck. I'm just doing "durability testing" lol. Last winter was starting it up in -40's and it didn't miss a beat. It was plugged in but I guess the plug wasn't working. It was starting like it was -5 so I didn't know.

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
just turned 24k on mine this past week as well. Couple reflashes for shifting, etc. but nothing major there.

I did have an issue where it would go into what seemed like protective mode. Dropped the rpm's couldn't keep the truck at speed, etc. Totally random when it did it. Immediate restart resolved the issue. After a few trips into the dealer they decided to swap out all of the injectors. In the course of this, they found one of the wiring harnesses was rubbing and grounding out. They replaced the harness (along with an $8k ticket for the injectors, covered under warranty) and haven't had any issues since.

Pulls great, with the 7x27 inline, you don't even know it's back there.

Total consumption since I got it I've averaged 15.8 mpg, that's mixed highway, city, towing, etc. Empty at 65 I get about 20-22 and towing loaded up 13-15 depending on speed.

The only thing I don't like, is I really do wish this thing had a bigger tank.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
FYI, Transfer Flow makes huge fuel tanks for most trucks. Put a 46 gallon tank in my Tundra and love it. 600 mile range now unloaded, about 350-400 pulling a 4 place enclosed.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
FYI, Transfer Flow makes huge fuel tanks for most trucks. Put a 46 gallon tank in my Tundra and love it. 600 mile range now unloaded, about 350-400 pulling a 4 place enclosed.

damn that 'yota is thirsty,
46 + 26 = 72 gal figure 10 gal reserve 62/ 600 = 9.7 mpg's ouch, 62 / 400 = 6.5 mpg's double ouch
I hope it goes farther then that

anywho, fwiw rds makes some really nice transfer tanks and tool box tanks in aluminum for less then transferflow stuff, dont get me wrong TF is good stuff but they are very proud of it.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska

Yeah I had a transfer flow in my old ford 110 Gallon and fit under the bed cover. Worst part was paying for 150 gallons of 3.00 diesel:face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features