• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok, since none of the other guys have the guts to post this here BUT ...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
... we all know they want to :D

What's the best way to meet single chicks who like to sled?

Seriously. I'm never going to be happy in life if I can't have my addictions be her addictions because if they're not it'll just wind up as a total disaster :D

Sorry if this is inappropriate, but I figured somone was going to ask sooner or later ;)

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!

Seriously. I'm never going to be happy in life if I can't have my addictions be her addictions because if they're not it'll just wind up as a total disaster :D

Sorry if this is inappropriate, but I figured somone was going to ask sooner or later ;)

Not inappropriate at all. Way to go!!!
I think it's great to look for someone that has the same interest you have. Now if your still in Vernal Utah I think it's going to be a long distance relationship eh?;):D It's so hard to find that perfect match.:face-icon-small-hap I wish you the best of luck with this. I think it's important to have similar interests and go from there.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I've often wondered the same thing, gotta admit.

Gotta find someone who can put up with the dirt and snow thing though.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008

Man my wife loves MX and she can ride but she hates sleds not kidding we fight over it and me going all the time. She says she hates the smell being cold and getting stuck. She'll come around though I have a feeling :D. So my question to you girls how do I get her into it?? I love riding with the guys but I love riding with her as well but she says I make her look bad but she has only been riding about a year compaired to my 15? I try to tell her its about learning and hell I get stuck more than she does. Maybe she needs other girls to ride with? I mean you should see this girl on quads and MX bikes she is a natural she even made me teach her how to wheelie so she could make guys mouths drop.

Last edited:
P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah

I have a lot of Cousins in tridell. not very far from vernal. they sled thats where my family is from. there are alot of single girls on here too..... just start talking to them...

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Man my wife love MX and she can ride but she hates sleds not kidding we fight over it and me going all the time. She says she hates the smell being cold and getting stuck. She'll come around though I have a feeling :D. So my question to you girls how do I get her into it?? I love riding with the guys but I love riding with her as well but she says I make her look bad but she has only been riding about a year compaired to my 15? I try to tell her its about learning and hell I get stuck more than she does. Maybe she needs other girls to ride with?

Don't mix a "boys ride" with your gal until she can hang with the boys. Spend some time with just the two of you, or bet yet, with another couple and make it all about the ladies. Most of all, when they make mistakes, make it no big deal!!! If your gal rides mx, she will get the hang of the sleds. As to getting cold, make sure you spend more on HER gear than on yours. Don't cheap out on her gear or the kids when that day comes. Nobody likes to be wet and/or cold especially someone new to this. Make sure to keep it fun. Ride to her abilities, not yours. That doesn't mean you can not hit a playground where you ask her to give you a few minutes to take a pole or two at a hill, or drop a cornice that is calling your name. Just make sure to stop, tell her that you are going to hit that cornice! Do not let her follow you by accident. It happens and is not a good thing:eek: Be more patient than you have ever been in your life. It will pay off in the end. My wife has been my riding partner for years now. You should see the looks she gets when she pops her helmet off, and people saying "your a girl"! She eats it up. Sacrifice the ride with boys for now, and have a riding partner for life.

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Don't mix a "boys ride" with your gal until she can hang with the boys. Spend some time with just the two of you, or bet yet, with another couple and make it all about the ladies. Most of all, when they make mistakes, make it no big deal!!! If your gal rides mx, she will get the hang of the sleds. As to getting cold, make sure you spend more on HER gear than on yours. Don't cheap out on her gear or the kids when that day comes. Nobody likes to be wet and/or cold especially someone new to this. Make sure to keep it fun. Ride to her abilities, not yours. That doesn't mean you can not hit a playground where you ask her to give you a few minutes to take a pole or two at a hill, or drop a cornice that is calling your name. Just make sure to stop, tell her that you are going to hit that cornice! Do not let her follow you by accident. It happens and is not a good thing:eek: Be more patient than you have ever been in your life. It will pay off in the end. My wife has been my riding partner for years now. You should see the looks she gets when she pops her helmet off, and people saying "your a girl"! She eats it up. Sacrifice the ride with boys for now, and have a riding partner for life.

Dude, ya gotta listen to this guy!... he's right on the $$$ :D

On a side note.... I think the REAL question here should be: How do us crazy Sled lovin', dirt riding, MUD bathin' cuties manage NOT to intimidate (err... scare off) the boys that like these very things?!? :p haha

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Dude, ya gotta listen to this guy!... he's right on the $$$ :D

On a side note.... I think the REAL question here should be: How do us crazy Sled lovin', dirt riding, MUD bathin' cuties manage NOT to intimidate (err... scare off) the boys that like these very things?!? :p haha

ummm..dont run them over in the parking lot?:face-icon-small-hap

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
It is a real pleasure to ride with a gal who knows how to ride well.....it is a total pain to ride with a gal (or guy) who "thinks" they can ride well. Its also nice to ride with a person who is honest about there ability so we can plan a correct ride that is fun for everyone there.
Nothing is more upsetting than to plan a advanced ride and have someone who said they rode well have to be unstuck,dugout, ect all day long....be honest and we all will have a great time riding.
:beer;:beer;

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
It is a real pleasure to ride with a gal who knows how to ride well.....it is a total pain to ride with a gal (or guy) who "thinks" they can ride well. Its also nice to ride with a person who is honest about there ability so we can plan a correct ride that is fun for everyone there.
Nothing is more upsetting than to plan a advanced ride and have someone who said they rode well have to be unstuck,dugout, ect all day long....be honest and we all will have a great time riding.
:beer;:beer;

Shoot.... I guess I've been wrong all this time....

Always thought maybe it's intimidating when WE (the girls) flip **** with the best of them, and when WE have to give the guys pointers. :D:beer; Hehe

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com

EXCELLENT advice!!! :beer;:beer;

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Shoot.... I guess I've been wrong all this time....

Always thought maybe it's intimidating when WE (the girls) flip **** with the best of them, and when WE have to give the guys pointers. :D:beer; Hehe

Not me...any guys think they can ride great just go over to cook and stay at the antlers, ask Billys wife Kay to take u out...u will def get some pointers.....;)

And anytime ur over this way shoot me a PM you are welcome to ride with us anytime...:beer;

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah

you are soooooo right...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.

This is exactly how me and my wife are. I love having her out with me and watching her learn, I almost never go riding without her now. The first year for her was alittle rough on me and my back, but that first year had alot of good things too. Like everytime she figured out something new or went somewhere she thought she couldn't, she'd get that big smile on her face and that made it worth it.

As far as finding a girl thats already in to sledding, hanging out on the forums and going to sled club meetings is about all I can suggest. But if you find a girl that you want to be with forever, all you have to do is buy her a sled for X-Mass and she'll be hooked for life. Oh and keeping them as warm as possible is the most important thing, nobody has fun when their cold.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
This is exactly how me and my wife are. I love having her out with me and watching her learn, I almost never go riding without her now. The first year for her was alittle rough on me and my back, but that first year had alot of good things too. Like everytime she figured out something new or went somewhere she thought she couldn't, she'd get that big smile on her face and that made it worth it.

As far as finding a girl thats already in to sledding, hanging out on the forums and going to sled club meetings is about all I can suggest. But if you find a girl that you want to be with forever, all you have to do is buy her a sled for X-Mass and she'll be hooked for life. Oh and keeping them as warm as possible is the most important thing, nobody has fun when their cold.

hehehe good idea!!!

Confession: my man found me on SnoWest... :p Yeah yeah I know it's not a "dating site" but this is where he initially made contact with me and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!! We hit it off so well and have tons of common interests in recreation but haven't actually rode together yet (sleds that is) It has been nearly six months of fourplay!! Hopefully this weekend we can finally get out together :p :beer; :beer; ;) Whoooooohooooo (I'm a bit excited!!!!)

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
hehehe good idea!!!

Confession: my man found me on SnoWest... :p Yeah yeah I know it's not a "dating site" but this is where he initially made contact with me and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!! We hit it off so well and have tons of common interests in recreation but haven't actually rode together yet (sleds that is) It has been nearly six months of fourplay!! Hopefully this weekend we can finally get out together :p :beer; :beer; ;) Whoooooohooooo (I'm a bit excited!!!!)

you sound like us!!!!!! you;ll enjoy your ride!!!! LOL"""

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho

This post is useless without pics.

:D

Premium Features