• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat Carbs

K
Jan 21, 2010
Missoula, Mt
Decided to bring this thread back up rather than open yet another thread on kk jetting.
I have an 05 kk, I have problems getting my sled to come back down to an idle after a couple good pulls, once it gets back down to normal idle it stays there until I go wot again. I am currently running 400 mains with 55 pilots and have the foam out of the air box with the baffles still in. I also have a mbrp can. I recently put new crank seals in the sled, but had this problem since before that. My previous jetting was stock 360 mains with 50 pilots and the same issue. I also have the low speed blubber but not to worried about it as it cleans out pretty quick. I always have left the coolant flow open through the carbs.
Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
if you have an 05 kingcat it doesnt have cabs unless you put them on

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
King Kat Idle

About 2 years ago there was a great post on high idle problems with rack mounted mikuni flat slides. Good idle and coming back to an idle has been an issue with that mikuni carb design since day one and worse on some of the Polaris's.

After lots of testing an aftermarket Polaris shop determined that ( not sure I remember this exactly ) air leaking around the slides is a big issue, so loose top screw / poor carb top gasket.........and when the slides wear a little they just get worse and worse, and just general overall poor fit and finish on some of the runs of new carbs makes some sleds worse than others. So air leaks around the throttle shaft ( same as a holley carb ), and a wearing out throttle shaft or a loose shaft when new........bad idle or idle down problems.

so..........won't come back to idle, its lean, but when you pop in the big pilot its comes and goes and blubbers, carb problem, ok carb design problem.

Might find a post on this on the Polaris forum.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
King Kat Idle

About 2 years ago there was a great post on high idle problems with rack mounted mikuni flat slides. Good idle and coming back to an idle has been an issue with that mikuni carb design since day one and worse on some of the Polaris's.

After lots of testing an aftermarket Polaris shop determined that ( not sure I remember this exactly ) air leaking around the slides is a big issue, so loose top screw / poor carb top gasket.........and when the slides wear a little they just get worse and worse, and just general overall poor fit and finish on some of the runs of new carbs makes some sleds worse than others. So air leaks around the throttle shaft ( same as a holley carb ), and a wearing out throttle shaft or a loose shaft when new........bad idle or idle down problems.

so..........won't come back to idle, its lean, but when you pop in the big pilot its comes and goes and blubbers, carb problem, ok carb design problem.

Might find a post on this on the Polaris forum.

P

pano-dude

Nov 28, 2007
invermere
I have this problem also, usually when stopping on the trail.

I either give it some throttle or choke it and it comes down.

Premium Features