• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black smoke.........

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
Sold it in July and bought a Ford GT. It's a gasser, doesn't smoke very much, and will destroy any diesel out there lol. Seriously, it's a lot of fun if you like having your pic taken a dozen times every time you take it out of the garage. How's the Chebie runnin?

It's running good. Actually got to lay a whooping on a Ford GT last time at the track. I've ran a couple 10.90's and a stack of 11.0's. Haven't got a chance to spray it yet as i have fuel supply issues.

D
Nov 27, 2007
That's movin. What was both trap speeds? They're not exactly the greatest drag race machines even so he must have been stock lol. I wish I would have timed my truck from a 50-110 roll cause it was strong. I'd like to think it could have hung with the GT but I doubt it. Once you're up on top of the supercharger it will make your eyes bleed right on up to 170 at least that's as far as I've taken it. Was afraid to shift into 5th as things are going by pretty quick already lol. You have any videos?

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
That's movin. What was both trap speeds? They're not exactly the greatest drag race machines even so he must have been stock lol. I wish I would have timed my truck from a 50-110 roll cause it was strong. I'd like to think it could have hung with the GT but I doubt it. Once you're up on top of the supercharger it will make your eyes bleed right on up to 170 at least that's as far as I've taken it. Was afraid to shift into 5th as things are going by pretty quick already lol. You have any videos?

Trap speeds were 128 and 129. I have one not very good video that someone took from the stands, and an 11.0 run where i lifted an injector tube and got out of it just past the eighth. also have a slip.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165420

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqoWHKh_Qfo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqthDYNUALg

D
Nov 27, 2007
I believe ya I just wanted to check it out. That's about what GT with a pully and tune should run 11/130. Was he surprised lol? If you have the fuel what do you expect nitrous to put you at?

O
Oct 11, 2009
you don't need smoke

I have a Duramax and it puts out some pretty good power with no smoke. Intake, exhaust, and a chip. I came across a forum at dieselplace i think and there is a 60 some page forum on guys making there truck smoke. I guess when you open the waste gate and push it it smokes bad. (who would have thought). They have a switch to do all this. At least the Clampettes are funny.

F
Dec 20, 2007
Well, i'm surprised i actually stuck it through and read the whole thread. Although i learned a few things. Such as I'm looked down upon because I drive a 12 valve Dodge Cummins pickup truck apparently. I guess if I had lots of money to throw at a brand new truck every few years (plus mods) then maybe I can get some respect, otherwise im just a "DA" or a hillbilly. I'm sure someone will say something like "Well why are you into snowmobiling since its such an expensive sport?" Simple, its fun and i've been doing it since I was little and I do my best to keep my old iron going on. I like my old truck that smokes a bit, I've done some mods to the pump just to make it drivable at freeway speeds, but i guess I'm a hillbilly because it smokes.

Also I hope theres no spelling errors for the damn grammar nazi's to feed off of.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
Well, i'm surprised i actually stuck it through and read the whole thread. Although i learned a few things. Such as I'm looked down upon because I drive a 12 valve Dodge Cummins pickup truck apparently. I guess if I had lots of money to throw at a brand new truck every few years (plus mods) then maybe I can get some respect, otherwise im just a "DA" or a hillbilly. I'm sure someone will say something like "Well why are you into snowmobiling since its such an expensive sport?" Simple, its fun and i've been doing it since I was little and I do my best to keep my old iron going on. I like my old truck that smokes a bit, I've done some mods to the pump just to make it drivable at freeway speeds, but i guess I'm a hillbilly because it smokes.

Also I hope theres no spelling errors for the damn grammar nazi's to feed off of.
The difference here is that you didn't go out of your way to make your truck smoke like a chimney everywhere you go. The original 12v's always did smoke some, not much you can do about it IMO. Watch the vid of the Duracrap just above your post... that's the kind of thing that most people are frowning on.

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
The difference here is that you didn't go out of your way to make your truck smoke like a chimney everywhere you go. The original 12v's always did smoke some, not much you can do about it IMO. Watch the vid of the Duracrap just above your post... that's the kind of thing that most people are frowning on.

that's at the track. big difference how my truck is tuned at the track vs. street. Not too many 900+hp trucks that don't smoke at least abit on launch. Maybe you could teach me how to tune my "duracrap" as you put it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
that's at the track. big difference how my truck is tuned at the track vs. street. Not too many 900+hp trucks that don't smoke at least abit on launch. Maybe you could teach me how to tune my "duracrap" as you put it.:rolleyes:
The vid of the Duracrap I was talking about was the one oodski posted in post #167, that's definitely not at the track. Just somebody pouring rediculous amounts of smoke because they think it looks cool (which it does to some extent, but come on... must have burned 2 extra gallons of fuel!)
And don't be mad at me because you bought an inferior product, it's not my fault :D :beer:

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
The vid of the Duracrap I was talking about was the one oodski posted in post #167, that's definitely not at the track. Just somebody pouring rediculous amounts of smoke because they think it looks cool (which it does to some extent, but come on... must have burned 2 extra gallons of fuel!)
And don't be mad at me because you bought an inferior product, it's not my fault :D :beer;

D
Nov 27, 2007
Not too many 900+hp trucks that don't smoke at least abit on launch. Maybe you could teach me how to tune my "duracrap" as you put it.:rolleyes:
Shame on you LMAO. I like my truck to blow tons of smoke at 300hp kinda like I forgot the rag stuffed in the intake smoke lol.

J
May 17, 2009
Hayden, ID
I personally like the ability to blow a little black smoke every once in awhile. Must be the Cummins gene. Then again I'm not the guy revving on every chevy or ferd at all the lights either. I mostly like making the prius owners angry (I own a Jetta TDI that gets 50mpg without battery replacement and a retarded price tag so I like to laugh at them about that too).

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Been looking at new 09 dodges and found out they changed the computers so they are "locked out" so you cannot use a programmer on them.....

This is a direct result of people tuning their trucks to blow smoke...........:mad:

I know the programmers will find a way around this but we need to get smart and quit giving the greenies ammo.

Went on the cummins diesel website and saw threads showing how to rig your truck to smoke at the flip of a switch,just sitting still with no load...Retards!!!

I just don't get why making your truck look like it runs like sh!t is cool??

Premium Features