• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys clutch puller?

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Getting ready to pull the clutch off a new axys for some weight/ spring changes

Does anyone know if the same clutch puller polaris has been using will fit or with the new crank a new puller is required?

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I am thinking the 600 would be the same as before and the 800 would be different. But it wouldn't surprise me if one needs a new puller. How many pullers do you have now? 550iq

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
A lot. But we do service work for about 100 different sled customers on clutches per year. So eventually it will make money back if it is fact a new puller

I'd just really like to do an inspection on the primary on the new sled before it sees any miles and change things to our normal 88 set up we run

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
A lot. But we do service work for about 100 different sled customers on clutches per year. So eventually it will make money back if it is fact a new puller

I'd just really like to do an inspection on the primary on the new sled before it sees any miles and change things to our normal 88 set up we run

P85 clutch? Should be the same.... Had the same sno stuff one forever....

#canadastrong

63nova

Jun 4, 2008
The flatlands
Puller

Axys 800 crank is basically the race crank from last year. If you can pull a race clutch, you should be good to go for Axys.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I'm aware it can be done in the sled. But that's not how I treat my toys. The clutch is a ware item. Even new I prefer to pull and inspect. Check tolerances, bushings and General condition.

Prevavtative maintenance over reactive repair

I see you many guys saying "I got 6000 miles out of my clutch and never had an issue". Guess what you now have an overpriced aluminum paper weight and likely a crank that needs bearings

Premium Features