• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
Hate to say it but I know of another one that burnt down inside the trailer.

I have a pic of it too but will see if I can share before I post on here.

I have an alpine sled and I love it but it sucks to see this stuff. :mmph:

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Awesome!!!

I love my Alpine sled too. I was unhappy with the response I received. Pretty much sums it up. I still have my sled and I have pretty much re-built the whole thing including changing the fuel system to make it run consistently. I don't and will never run an Alpine tank... ever!!!

The product was a great product, it just needed some fine tuning to make it the best on the market. It is these details that were forgotten and like many awesome and great ideas... became second best!!!

Thanks for the comment!!!

Happy Trails!!!

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
I love my Alpine sled too. I was unhappy with the response I received. Pretty much sums it up. I still have my sled and I have pretty much re-built the whole thing including changing the fuel system to make it run consistently. I don't and will never run an Alpine tank... ever!!!

The product was a great product, it just needed some fine tuning to make it the best on the market. It is these details that were forgotten and like many awesome and great ideas... became second best!!!

Thanks for the comment!!!

Happy Trails!!!

did you end up building your own tank?

alpine burn.jpg

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Yup....

did you end up building your own tank?

I did. It will never leak again unless I drop it off a cliff or some serious crash happens. It also cured changing fuel filters every second ride. Haven't changed one since and I installed a fuel shut off valve for the occasion. The tank is also away from the turbo where it should be, not almost touching it where it can melt plastic. Funny thing is I always paid attention to the hot spots and in the end it was the cap in the trunk that caused the fire.

Last edited:

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Ahh...

Trailer and 2 sleds. Alpine yamy and another. I was told it was from the alpine sled but that is simply coming from hear say.

As for that tank, would you build another?

Honestly, I would be happy to cut the pieces and send them to you but I can't weld it together for simple reasons of liability. The pattern was the hard part, trying to get the volume and still have a functional tank. I also switched to a Skinz seat to trim up the top of the sled a bit which is not a comfy as the Mountain mod seat.

I could have called Murray (Mountain Mod)and discussed building a custom one but I happened on a Skinz at the sled show and thought it might be the ticket. It worked out great actually but still a tad high for a short guy like me to throw my leg back and forth.

Premium Features