• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12 duramax denali vs f 350 powerstoke 6.7

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
I had Onstar fail multiple times attempting to unlock a Duramax I had. It was parked in front of the garage and couldn't receive signal. So nothing probably beats the keypad on a Ford. Has anybody ever had problems with one of those keypads in the winter time in real cold temperatures?

W
Sep 15, 2008
Spokane, Wa
We must be getting really spoiled to see what minor differences that people get so enraged about. I'm a Ford guy but I would just about give my left nut for either one of these rigs. No Dodges though, Dodge sucks. :face-icon-small-coo

W
Nov 10, 2010
We use my friends 12 ford 350 for sledding and he commutes to work every day. 80000km and no problems. Starts at + 35 to -35 deg celcius in Calgary AB without an issue. Im not a ford person but its a sweet truck. One fault that would drive me crazy if I owned it is the amound of road salt/dirt that packs under the doors, these for sure will be future corrosion spots.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
What's the point? GM uses onstar. You can unlock your truck from your phone. Lock your keys in you can use a phone and call onstar or unlock from your phone with an app.
I can start a GM vehicle anywhere. Say before you head back to the truck while riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is not in case you lock your keys in your vehicle, the point is you no longer carry your keys at all.
The keypad is simply an alternative to the remote.
Whether it's riding sleds or boating or whatever, it is nice to have less junk in pockets.
The accidental keys locked in scenario is simply a bonus.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The point is not in case you lock your keys in your vehicle, the point is you no longer carry your keys at all.
The keypad is simply an alternative to the remote.
Whether it's riding sleds or boating or whatever, it is nice to have less junk in pockets.
The accidental keys locked in scenario is simply a bonus.

I think you are a Ford guy, but I have to agree. We have a Ford Edge and it's great using the key pad. We lock the keys in all the time. You can leave the car running while running in the store. In my Denali, I have to turn it off, lock it with the key fob and then remote start it.

Premium Features