• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MBMS set up my 2010 M8 spot on

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
A

_AJ_

Nov 27, 2007
Mt. Baker
www.northwestglaciercruisers.com
Second ride today and I gotta say this is the best stock sled I have ever ridden period. I had a full day on Baker with blue bird skies to try it out. Coming from the torque of my King Cat and the agility of my 06' M7 this new M8 excels in both areas. It pulls really hard from the bottom to the top. I rode from 2200' to 7000'. By the end of the day, I was pulling long hills and it tached a solid 8120 rpm. I'm still running premix along with the injector so I expect it to pull even harder on the next tank.

The track was amazing. Not sure how it could be any better. I cannot believe how easily it handles on the steep climbs. My king would never turn back up the hill like this sled does. The track speed is really good too.

Coming down the steep hills is a bit fast. It disengages and basically free wheels down quickly. I was able to blip the throttle to reengage the clutch while pumping the brake and it helped alot.

I may look into changing the spring in my secondary to backshift quicker.

I will say the stock snowflap is a pain. It's to long and rigid. You drive over it just about everytime you backup and when backing off the sled deck. I'm gonna try trimming it up one section to see if that helps.

At this point, I am more than satisfied. Thanks Mount Baker Motorsports:beer;

1259352081143.jpg

1259352206823.jpg

AJ

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Nice Pic!

How much snow do you have up there now? I think it was last week or something that the forecast had the possibility of like 130 inches over a 5 day span....Amazing.

Please send some snow over to us in the Upper Midwest, our season is starting soon....I Hope!

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
thanks AJ. Glad you like your sled. I'm with you on the snowflap. I trimmed mine way up last year but not sure I liked that either. We rode the stock ones last week and I had some with the 3-6K set up like yours and one stock to compare but the snow was so deep and wet and everyone kept getting stuck so I did not do any comparison testing. Also like you said need to get a couple tanks through to really get them running at full power. We for sure want to work on the engagement and see if they will run good with a lower engagemnt for the tight stuff and to keep them engaged going down hill. All our riders complained of the higher clutch engagement on the first ride. Also unanimous was "man these things are fast"

his set up is Cat spec 3-6K 70 gram weights i believe instead of the stock 68 and making sure the offset and belt deflection is right on.

Woody

A

_AJ_

Nov 27, 2007
Mt. Baker
Nice Pic!

How much snow do you have up there now? I think it was last week or something that the forecast had the possibility of like 130 inches over a 5 day span....Amazing.

Please send some snow over to us in the Upper Midwest, our season is starting soon....I Hope!

Baker has gotten pounded with snow this year. 200 inches in the month of November so far and with the warm spells and rain it has maintained 80". The base is set for the season.

Here's a couple more pics:

baker.jpg

baker2.jpg

baker3.jpg

baker4.jpg

baker5.jpg

baker6.jpg

AJ

Last edited:

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
try the ac gold spring

Hey AJ try the gold primary spring. cheap and easy.

lets your primary stay in " gear" you do not need a secondary spring change to get what you want as that is not the issue.

A

_AJ_

Nov 27, 2007
Mt. Baker
We lined up once.... in promtu..... counted down from three and held em' to the bars on a long steep grade we call "Big House". Both sleds were neck in neck and diggin hard to the top. As it rounded off at the top, the M8 took off.

The Rev is lightened up quite a bit and has an SLP can. It runs really good. The rider is also about 50lbs lighter than me.

The M8 is brand new and still on it's break in fuel which is mixed rich. It's bone stock and still has that huge exhaust can. It held 8120 solid all the way to the top and never slowed down.

To early to claim supremacy ;) but..... I am very happy with my new M. :D

AJ:beer;

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
We lined up once.... in promtu..... counted down from three and held em' to the bars on a long steep grade we call "Big House". Both sleds were neck in neck and diggin hard to the top. As it rounded off at the top, the M8 took off.

The Rev is lightened up quite a bit and has an SLP can. It runs really good. The rider is also about 50lbs lighter than me.

The M8 is brand new and still on it's break in fuel which is mixed rich. It's bone stock and still has that huge exhaust can. It held 8120 solid all the way to the top and never slowed down.

To early to claim supremacy ;) but..... I am very happy with my new M. :D

AJ:beer;
I ride a Mod Doo. I,m really glad the M8 runs well.They have some nice improvements this year!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Those are beautiful pics, pretty nice to be above the clouds!

Sounds like you should definitely have a nice base to build off of, hopefully you can get more cold air systems moving through and not have to fight the rain much longer. These El Nino years are tricky, but although the NW will battle the warmer temps, you also can get absolutely hammered with snow this year!

Premium Features