• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

brake locked on???

T
Dec 13, 2007
My 07 800 caught fire, didn't do any damage but i am worried that I may not be so lucky next time. I am not to sure what caused the problem I didn't have the park brake on, I am assuming that it must of frozen?? any suggestions

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I had my brake freeze up on my rev before and my brake disk was red hot but never caught fire.Scared the crap out of me.It only happened the one time but has happened to others i know so it sounds like it could be something to watch for when cold out with powder.

H
Mar 8, 2008
Fort Collins
I broke my brake reservoir off and it locked up my brakes too, but didn't know they were on all the way and headed back to the truck. When I took off after the accident the brakes were not on, I think I would have noticed, but it was getting dark out. Started smelling burning brakes and slowed down one time and noticed that the brakes were on. Happened to look down on the clutch side and realized that the rotor was bright red. Stop and threw lots of snow on the area to cool it down and it took a lot of snow. Pulled the bleeder valve and drained all the fluid and was then able to drive back to the truck. Didn't realize that the brakes lock up when there's no fluid, thought it would be the other way around. Guess I learned something that day.

Last edited:
Premium Features