• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LOLO CREEK to FISH CREEK (Spring Creek Road)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Does anyone know if that road is open all the way through?

When I went by on Sunday, I saw tracks going in that road. It's not plowed on the Lolo side...but tracks went in.

I hate driving all the way around on i-90 to get in there.

I would imagine the locals that live up there would want to be able to get out either way during the winter, right?

I

IndoubtGASIT

Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I don't think you can drive in from the lolo side. I've done it but it was in May and the road was dry with a few snowbanks. I've always drove WAY around and in from i90. It sure would be nice if someone plowed it all the way through, way less pavement miles!

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Short version - Need to go around.

Long version - It is open but I would be surprised if you could get all the way thru.
They do keep the gate open for the locals but the locals don't keep it plowed. The worst of it usually is from the Lolo side to the top of the divide where the intersection is that has five roads coming into one (north facing) and then it get's a little better as the road drops down in near the creek.
With that said and with the recent snow it would be at best a single track thru and probably have to be chained up all the way around (try not to fall out of the beaten down track).
If you were lucky enough to make it thru and past the houses along the creek the road then doesn't get traveled much at all from there to Surveyor Creek drainage.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
So from the i-90 side can you get a full sized enclosed trailer in there a OK or better with the sled deck?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I almost always can get through there in March.

There are tire tracks going in there now...I sure hope i could get through.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Scott, I'll know where to go find you if you don't show for the ride. lol Be sure to take along extra food, water, t.p., and a rifle (with lots of ammo) for wolves if you decide to take that route.

2XM3, A sled deck works best ( just a logging road with limited turn around spots) but quite a few take trailers. Open, enclosed, 2 place, 4 place, you'll see them all up there. I'm taking a 2 place enclosed unless I end up going solo then it'll be in the back of the truck.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm going too be busy Saturday, otherwise I would go drive it out and see.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Scott, I'll know where to go find you if you don't show for the ride. lol Be sure to take along extra food, water, t.p., and a rifle (with lots of ammo) for wolves if you decide to take that route.

2XM3, A sled deck works best ( just a logging road with limited turn around spots) but quite a few take trailers. Open, enclosed, 2 place, 4 place, you'll see them all up there. I'm taking a 2 place enclosed unless I end up going solo then it'll be in the back of the truck.

well back of the truck sounds good if i can make it.....lol

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
I hope you make it 2XM3. Surveyor and turbo's are like bread and butter. They just go together. Lots of play areas too.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Scott, I went past Spring Cr today and it looked like they plowed it a while ago. A bit of newer snow on the road since it's been plowed. Still not sure if you could get all the way thru though.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm glad you drove it out tonight and got the answer.

Thanks John.

Premium Features