• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My KX450f/Timbersled build

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Figured since I got all my info off this site and everyone has been really helpful I'd post a pic of my setup that I finished up yesterday. Still need to throw the chain and some other misc items on but couldn't wait to get a pic!

2012 KX450F
2016 Timbersled SX with TSS
Timbersled Air Filter
Thermobob
Handguards (From china on ebay = $50 with mount kit,exactly like cyrca)
3.2 Gas tank not installed yet
Fastway Adventure pegs not installed yet
Temp gauge
Stiffer front springs
Still unsure of getting AME handwarmers grips

Do I keep the plastics the way they are or get a graphic kit with a little orange in it?
picture.php

H

hiltz

Oct 30, 2015
Edmonton, AB
With the tss on there is your rear fender clear of that gas can? and i would do either all black plastics ($150) or a decal kit to tie in. looks good!

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Ya it is clear of the gas can. I wish that ugly red can wasn't red. Also I may put one of my mountain addiction bags on that is smaller. Those things just came with the kit I bought. He also had a cover made to wrap around and valcro around the brake caliper to keep ice and snow off it. Not sure if I will run that or not but it was custom made... Guy put a lot of $ and work into the timberlsed kit to sell it for a great price with only 3 hours on it.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Tuesday- Yours looks like it sits way higher in the back then mine. Why does mine seem likes its squatting so much?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Tuesday- Yours looks like it sits way higher in the back then mine. Why does mine seem likes its squatting so much?

Funny things is that is the first thing I thought when i saw your bike. Did you measure your strut rod? Kawi has a longer rod than most kits. Yours looks like it has the ktm strut rod? I also wonder if yours looks like it is squatting because it is on the moving wheels?

Think the kawi is 13.75 and the ktm is 13"

Sent you a message can you post or send me a link to those hand guards?

Premium Features