• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Axys Goggle Bag.. Anyone buy/install yet?

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
I'm not sold on this yet. The price is main issue too be honest. If it was $100 I'd be game to try it. I'll let someone else Guinea pig it for time being. Will it fit a SLP piped sled also?

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Got one of these ordered. Will see how it fits once i get it, and have time to install. Sure looks like it will make good use of wasted space, and have easy access from the side :)

Goggle bag mount.JPG Goggle bag 3.jpg

Last edited:
A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
Timbres picture is the only one I've seen of that bracket. Is that included with the bag? I have no idea how that thing doesn't melt but if the bracket is there it seems like a great idea.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Bag

Wonder how easy it is to remove, is it a permanent mount? Looks like it would be hard to remove the pipe.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
We have two of them in and just waiting for our BM bumpers to come in. If there is any other photos needed I can mount it and take some. The base itself is bolted on by two bolts. Both are bumper mounts. The bag sits in side and has some straps to hold it down.

I can not see how this would block any air to the clutch. All vents still flow on top of this. It fills the large void to the right of your pipe which the bulkhead there blocked any air to move through there. I will take a closer look tonight to see if I am missing anything.

Once you pop the hood off you can easily take the bag out to bring inside at night or use it for something else. There is a lot of room inside the bag.

These bags were tested last season by a few racers during the Iron Dog race... That is about as much testing as a company can do.

Last edited:

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
We have two of them in and just waiting for our BM bumpers to come in. If there is any other photos needed I can mount it and take some. The base itself is bolted on by two bolts. Both are bumper mounts. The bag sits in side and has some straps to hold it down.

I can not see how this would block any air to the clutch. All vents still flow on top of this. It fills the large void to the right of your pipe which the bulkhead there blocked any air to move through there. I will take a closer look tonight to see if I am missing anything.

Once you pop the hood off you can easily take the bag out to bring inside at night or use it for something else. There is a lot of room inside the bag.

These bags were tested last season by a few racers during the Iron Dog race... That is about as much testing as a company can do.

The salesman at the Polaris dealer here in Rexburg told me the bag won’t fit on 2017 Axys...is this true? Seems like he is full of crap. I really would like to install one of these in the next couple weeks. I am waiting on my BM fab bumpers and boards as well.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
The salesman at the Polaris dealer here in Rexburg told me the bag won’t fit on 2017 Axys...is this true? Seems like he is full of crap. I really would like to install one of these in the next couple weeks. I am waiting on my BM fab bumpers and boards as well.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed mine on Sunday with just my stock front bumper. BMFAB is enroute.

Installed fine on my 2017.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
UPDATE:

Hindsight didn’t have to cut as long of a slot but wasn’t quite sure and didn’t want to keep cutting more and more so gave it a guess on the first cut. But it fits with a BMFAB front bumper. I have the spare belt and the spark plug tool in the lower compartment and two sets of goggles in the heated upper portion. Everything fits snug but fits nonetheless.

8C1AAA52-E60E-4C99-AEA3-E91A9E9261D0.jpg 46AB4C45-987E-49EC-AFBB-C72AF79C6790.jpg 4B2FB35F-48F9-4796-A600-01F1F23E0042.jpg AC4A2B2B-FEC0-4CEA-ABA7-9A3B5BFF67CC.jpg

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Yeah for the EXO bumper you just follow the preformed split in the AXYS bag frame. Follow it up in a straight line for maybe 4-5” than 1” over do a full line up to where you stopped previously. Was the quickest thing that happened in the garage last night haha. Gotta take those wins when you get em!!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
So whats the final verdict on this bag, worth the money? Easy enough to get to goggles with the side panel off?

I just actually bought one of these this evening but if its a PITA or something I may take it back .... Looks like it ought to work fine? I figure taking the hood off isn't a big deal if I have to replace a belt ... you almost never have to do that lol.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I really think these are worth the $$- Installed 2 last night with the polaris ultimate bumpers- and went riding today- I could pack 2 set's of 509 X5 goggles in there also along with a belt in the spare holder. Zero burns on the bag from exhaust.

I don't like the lower dart they give you to secure the lower portion of the holder- kept popping out- so tonight I secured it with a black large OD head bolt and locknut on the inside.. Done.

Testing it out again on tomorrow's ride....

FWIW- It has not been asked on here, but the bag frame does fit perfect on sleds with the PIDD- it slides under the GPS mount just fine.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I really think these are worth the $$- Installed 2 last night with the polaris ultimate bumpers- and went riding today- I could pack 2 set's of 509 X5 goggles in there also along with a belt in the spare holder. Zero burns on the bag from exhaust.

I don't like the lower dart they give you to secure the lower portion of the holder- kept popping out- so tonight I secured it with a black large OD head bolt and locknut on the inside.. Done.

Testing it out again on tomorrow's ride....

FWIW- It has not been asked on here, but the bag frame does fit perfect on sleds with the PIDD- it slides under the GPS mount just fine.

I couldn't get the lower push plug in mine either, so I just left it loose ... seemed like it was mounted well enough without it. Kinda pisses me off that for $220 or whatever and it being a factory piece they couldn't make it fit any better than that. But yeah it will be nice to have defogged goggles again :)

rernst220

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2009
Chaska, MN
I installed mine this morning with a B&M Exo Front Bumper, I followed aksledjunkie's dimensions and fit perfect. I measured it up 5" cut it to 4" to start but really only needed to cut it to 3". I also covered the openings above and below the bumper with heat tape.

20171231_093659.jpg 20171231_093714.jpg 20171231_093743.jpg 20171231_093940.jpg 20171231_103258.jpg 20171231_103304.jpg 20171231_104153.jpg

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Bought this yesterday after the positive review on here. Have a place to defrost googles & maybe keep a spare GoPro battery warm will be nice.

Premium Features