• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Burn Down

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Pretty sure that the Clutch side on my buddies pro burnt down, she was running real rough and plug looked pretty bad shut down twice. Ran great up till then and had check oil lines and everything before this happened have heard there might have been a few motors with wrist pins put in wrong!!!!:face-icon-small-fro

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
My buddies, cousin's, dog's motor....

No offense, it would just be nice to hear from your buddy with all the details. If all his friends posted about his sled burning down it's going to sound like 15 sleds went down. We want to know about it, but straight from the source with good information.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
:face-icon-small-hap
Pretty sure that the Clutch side on my buddies pro burnt down, she was running real rough and plug looked pretty bad shut down twice. Ran great up till then and had check oil lines and everything before this happened have heard there might have been a few motors with wrist pins put in wrong!!!!:face-icon-small-fro

so i'm assuming right when it started running rough and plug looked bad you of course put new plugs in it before riding any more and it still ran rough? Then of course did a proper leakdown test when you got her home before jumping to any conclutions. Not being a jerk but owning a race shop for 25 years I hate peoples "may have been" "I heard" "my buddies" "My cousins ex brothers friends wifes ex husbands nephews sisters friends sled" did such and such

Wrist pins in wrong? that would be near impossible to do on a liberty motor...round hole,round pin goes in hole either way

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
that sucks big d...when your buddy finds out more about it, can ya report exactly what is found?sounds to me like it lost an injector(polaris thinks they got a bad batch of them which is causing issues right now and could be partly responsible with what happened on the sled in question)...

For those with the pro..if its missing /stumbling/what ever at full throttle...dont keep running it full throttle(or at all), take it to the dealer and have them contact polaris about replacing the injectors.....it misses/stumbles due to the injector either not injecting enough fuel..(way lean) or too much fuel(way pig rich)..neither is good on a motor..get it to the dealer...then you wont end up having one of your buddies on here telling about your sled...

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Kinda wish I wouldn't have even put this on here now after all of negitive comments, put it this way it could be and injector but i dought that would lock the motor up like it did the first time it stop, I myself not my buddy got down and spun the clutch free and then told him to try start it we were in a spot that would have been hard to pull it out of and since it is under warrenty and if it starts and runs we were driving it back. On the way back to town it killed again I then started it (myself) and drove it back to polaris west and asked if they had seen or heard of any others doing this and the answers was NO, we were also told that at this moment if is a cylinder and piston they don't even have any to try and replace it so we cut our trip a day short and will take it to a local dealer to find out whats up. It has 600 miles on it and the only thing done is a stuthers clutch kit, running ves oil and like i said before has ran great before this and by the way i have rode with him on almost all of the miles, I have the same sled and have just a little stubble at low rpms other wise mine runs great!!

Last edited:
P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
X2, Thanks for putting up the info Big D. Some of our poo brothers take bad news about a pro the same as if you just called their mother a "street walker" or something. Some of these sleds WILL break, accept it!

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
X2, Thanks for putting up the info Big D. Some of our poo brothers take bad news about a pro the same as if you just called their mother a "street walker" or something. Some of these sleds WILL break, accept it!

and some of our mothers ARE streetwalkers, accept it!

Premium Features