• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Ladies Ride Calendar

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Last year was the first year we did an ALL WOMEN'S riding calendar and the response to it was great! This past spring the ladies started talking about how to spice up this year's calendar and that led to 14 women coming to Washington for a 2 day photoshoot in August. The furthest traveled from Rexburg, Idaho with sled in tow! This was an incredible experience and while I think the calendar is going to rock.... it will probably only show a glimpse of the true amazingness (word?) of these women sledheads.

The calendar will feature sled chicks all glam'd up and 12 great riding pictures from Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and British Columbia.

Here you go!

Behind the scenes.

Thank you to HMK, Legend Performance, 2Cool AirVents, Pink Ribbon Riders, Pierre's Polaris, Fastrax Motorsports, ArcticFX Graphics, Thin Air Motorsports, Marathon Truck Decks, Sled Solutions, WhiteOut Magazine and Mountain Machines for your support and for believing in us sledchicks!!! :cool:

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
Awesome!

Another great job by Brandy!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of this calender!!! No one will ever know how much time and work you put into this!!!!!!! Thanks B!!!!:D

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Super Sweet!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

What a great inspiration all you gals have been to me. Way to go on the calendar gals. You should all be very proud. And Brandy.... Dang, how do you do it?????????? It looks absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs up to you all!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I can't wait to see the final product!! This calendar will most DEFINITELY put all others to shame... It has burly chicks hucking off stuff, climbing up stuff, sidehilling and carving, it has sexy women who'd you'd SWEAR are Viccy See models showin off their skin that their so compfortable in after years of fighting to be accepted in a male dominated sport, AND it has your ocasional mod sled as well! pretty sure we covered all the bases and it's going to be well put together and high quality!

better git yer orders in!!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I can't wait to see the final product!! This calendar will most DEFINITELY put all others to shame... It has burly chicks hucking off stuff, climbing up stuff, sidehilling and carving, it has sexy women who'd you'd SWEAR are Viccy See models showin off their skin that their so compfortable in after years of fighting to be accepted in a male dominated sport, AND it has your ocasional mod sled as well! pretty sure we covered all the bases and it's going to be well put together and high quality!

better git yer orders in!!

Not all bases. These are mountain riders... lol But I did get one of our flatlander sisters in on the "2010" section. And no Yami's.... ;) But we definitely have ALOT of bases covered! 3 of the finalist for the Miss Extreme contest and a RMSHA racer!

You'll see bruises, scars, muscle, tan lines, etc. :cool:

What I see when I look at the pictures (both glam'd and riding) is determination, confidence, passion, guts, skill. While we all know it takes guts to get out there and ride hard, push your limits... it took some pretty steely ovaries for the girls to do the photoshoot! I hope you see in them what I see.............

Quite a few of these ladies work on their own sleds! Many are volunteers for their local clubs, for SAWS, for other important organizations within our industry! These are incredible ladies and our sport is lucky to have them.

Ok, thanks Em for getting me all riled up again... whew... done for now. :p

(I notice I use the !! alot... sorry, just a weee bit excited!)

Last edited:
O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I thought that riding in the mountains with these ladies was a blessed event. I had no idea that we could take that strength, solidarity and support and transfer it to an experience off the mountain. In reality though, the mountain was there – it certainly took a different form that what we are accustomed to - but its looming presence was apparent all weekend.

The preparation, the anxiety, the anticipation, the doubt – as you prepare to throttle up and hit it…..

The self talk – “you can do this” “go for it, girl” “quit being a *****!”……….

You pick your line, anticipating your escape routes…...

And all the while – as you prepare to make the climb - there are half a dozen or more ladies standing in the background cheering you on and encouraging you to take it to the next level.

“You are beautiful!”

“Wow – you look amazing!”

“There’s the money shot!”

“There’s a sled in that picture??”

Finally – as you throttle over the top, you realized that you did IT!! The adrenaline hits and you are on a kick-*** natural high!!

WHAT A ROCKIN’, KICK ***, AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!!

--------------------------------

A big shout out of thanks to all those who helped make this a reality:

Our sled boys: Brent, Rich, Davey, and Tedd – who loaded and unloaded sleds from a multitude of vehicles, moved sleds in and out of the studio, switched out hoods, and put finishing touches on hoods, skis, tunnels and tracks!

Our sherpas/fluffers: Jen and Robin (all the way from MN!!!)

Our cleaning staff/key grips/sled detailers: Aspen and Taylor – the girls cleaned the kitchen several times, laundered towels, polished sleds, fetched beverages, moved lights and props – and did it all with smiles (mostly…..)

Our angel: Gia – who was there all three days with food, decorations, snowmaking, sherpa-ing, and overall encouragement and support.

Our most gracious hosts: Brent (and Brandy) – without him, this would never have happened. I know that Brent was fielding calls all weekend from “boys” seeking permission to attend – but he held them all at bay. Creating a buffer zone for us gals at their home as well as at the studio. Brandy is a very lucky lady indeed!!

The photographer, Glen, and his staff were amazing. I felt instantly comfortable with Glen. He is a creative, fun, flexible, and encouraging professional – start to finish!! The hair and makeup gals were so fabulous! They listened, offered encouragement, did mid-shoot adjustments, and never stopped being helpful or smiling. WOW!!

Finally – to the calendar girls – to each and every one of you everyday women who came out to share your REMARKABLE BEAUTY. You each shined from the inside out and I, for one, cannot wait to see everyone’s beauty captured on the pages of the 2010 Ladies Ride Calendar!

Oh - and B - well, ya know how we feel about ya!! :rose::rose::rose:

Last edited:
S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
it took some pretty steely ovaries for the girls to do the photoshoot!

wow - my ovaries have been called many things before, but I can assure you, steely is not one of them - LOL!!!

I can't say it any better than Brandy, Em and Susie have said, I can only agree wholeheartedly.

Everyone would be well advised to take some time to look at the calendar at the snow shows.... you will be amazed... :D

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!!

I don't think that this should be in the Ladies only section!! This DOES NOT just concern women snowmobilers!! Anyone else think this should go back in general? All of a sudden I'm against this women's section if it means stuff that we may WANT to post in general gets moved over here!!!

I think if people WANT to post over here they should be able to. but a lot of times I don't want to and I would guess that other people don't want to either. they want the input of the full forum not just the women....

I guess we need the person who started the thread to chime in and let us know where she would like this to be posted... but my opinion is that is thoush NOT be in the Ladies section and that things don't get moved into that forum, if we want to post in there we can...

Thanks...

Premium Features