• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain can preference.

Yes, we have updated the way the cooker is held to the bracket. It is now sprung in place rather than riveted. The install literally takes minutes now, and the springs allow for a little movement, preventing the fasteners from coming loose. (See attached pic)

We ran this setup last season and also sent one with Chris Burandt to Chile through the summer. No problems at all and cooks perfectly.

These are currently dealer available then?

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Ggb just released video with quiet can. Sounds good and definitely not obnoxious.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Sorry but I like the GGB Mtn sound in the back country. Sure , time and a place for everything. What I like about it is you can get around some population or back to the truck and not sound like an idiot or have the wardens all over you (In Maine). I like that weight savings and the additional room it gives. ive had them on Gen4 and Axys and both great luck. No bog whatsoever.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The GGB Trail can ( Non Noisy ) is a very solid fit and very well thought out product for the 850.
They are just finishing the final stages, and this one is completely different than GGB cans in the recent past.
Avaiable 3rd week in November.

They ( GGB) wanted this to be a solid fit and finish... Of course in 2 versions-Mountain & Quiet AKA: Trail.
I have not heard the new Mountain can yet on the 850 to see if it's a barker or not....
I would argue saying the trail can is “non noisy”... my 800 trail can was LOUD. Sounded good(great) but definitely loud for a trail can. No idea on the 850. Maybe you are referring to the new “quiet can”, I heard the sound clip of that and it definitely is quiet. Kudos to GGB for listening to the wants of sledders... now if they would just offer a ceramic coated option.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Was thinking abt adding an SLP pipe and can but not quite ready on the $$ side. After reading the above, happy to see two things - First, SLP makes a version of the can for an 800 Axys Pro RMK with a bracket to hold a muff pot. Second, it will work with a future add of a SLP pipe without buying another can (Finally !).

Ordered mine just a few minutes ago. SOLD !

BTW - the Can for my sled with a Muff Pot bracket isn't on the SLP website as of today, but it's PN 09-322.

GGB Exhaust

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2015
I would argue saying the trail can is “non noisy”... my 800 trail can was LOUD. Sounded good(great) but definitely loud for a trail can. No idea on the 850. Maybe you are referring to the new “quiet can”, I heard the sound clip of that and it definitely is quiet. Kudos to GGB for listening to the wants of sledders... now if they would just offer a ceramic coated option.

We got you fixed up Goridedoo:thumb:

All GGB Exhaust is now Ceramic Paint Blacked out look. The outside of the muffler is sealed with a high temperature ceramic coating for a long lasting durable finish in an awesome looking blacked out color scheme. We sand blast, heat to remove all moisture and then coat it. Also, we did not change the great price and still comes with our 2-year warranty.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD

Your can wasn't loud, mine was loud (BMP Powder Lite), way too loud. Ill go with the trail can and you go with the stocker, gramps.

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
Yes, we have updated the way the cooker is held to the bracket. It is now sprung in place rather than riveted. The install literally takes minutes now, and the springs allow for a little movement, preventing the fasteners from coming loose. (See attached pic)

We ran this setup last season and also sent one with Chris Burandt to Chile through the summer. No problems at all and cooks perfectly.

I just purchased a new SLP single pipe kit for my 2018 Axys directly from SLP about a month ago and I got the old style that uses rivets instead of the new style with springs. Why didn't my new pipe kit come with the new style bracket?

SLP

Premium Member
I just purchased a new SLP single pipe kit for my 2018 Axys directly from SLP about a month ago and I got the old style that uses rivets instead of the new style with springs. Why didn't my new pipe kit come with the new style bracket?

Not sure on that. I thought we had gone through all the old style silencers by last month. Please contact me:

Adam Wood
adam@slp.cc

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
What are the noise levels like on the SLP "cooker" can for the 850?
Really digging that feature, who doesn't like a hot lunch on the mountain?

Also, any idea when/if they'll be compatible with your single pipe? Just wanting as can for this year, but next year be looking to make some adds, just don't want to have to re-buy something is all...

Thanks!

SLP

Premium Member
What are the noise levels like on the SLP "cooker" can for the 850?
Really digging that feature, who doesn't like a hot lunch on the mountain?

Also, any idea when/if they'll be compatible with your single pipe? Just wanting a can for this year, but next year be looking to make some adds, just don't want to have to re-buy something is all...

Thanks!

Noise levels on the SLP PicnicR (cooker mount) Lightweight Silencer for the 850 Polaris are pretty low (well below 88 dB on the SAE J2567 sound test). It is particularly quiet at low RPMs. At wide-open throttle it is a little louder, but still fairly quiet (nowhere near the obnoxious level).

Our intention is to make all of our Polaris 850 silencers compatible with the SLP Single Pipe. If possible we will make it compatible, but as the single pipe is still under development, we can't guarantee it will be at this point.

Premium Features