• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hi I am a flatlander Newbie too...

S
Jan 16, 2009
missouri
Hi , my name is Maggie, I am new to snowmobiling.... I went this past feb in Cooke city Mt and I am ADDICTED. I cant wait til the snow flies. I live in Missouri so we dont ride snowmobiles here .It was something new and it was AWESOME. The mountains are incredible.

A little about myself, Im single, I own a trucking company, I race micro sprints, i like to go four wheeling, and i love snowmobiling. I have 2 wonderful kids that also race sprint cars. Keeps me busy but i am gonna make time to go out west any chance i get.
I am looking to buy a rmk600 and I am taking ideas on what would be a good starter sled for me?
also any tips on riding will be greatly appreciated. I Have been reading the forums for sometime now and am picking up alot.. This site rocks.

Hello

Hi , my name is Maggie, I am new to snowmobiling.... I went this past feb in Cooke city Mt and I am ADDICTED. I cant wait til the snow flies. I live in Missouri so we dont ride snowmobiles here .It was something new and it was AWESOME. The mountains are incredible.

A little about myself, Im single, I own a trucking company, I race micro sprints, i like to go four wheeling, and i love snowmobiling. I have 2 wonderful kids that also race sprint cars. Keeps me busy but i am gonna make time to go out west any chance i get.
I am looking to buy a rmk600 and I am taking ideas on what would be a good starter sled for me?
also any tips on riding will be greatly appreciated. I Have been reading the forums for sometime now and am picking up alot.. This site rocks.

you sound like a spammer for single snowest guys;)
serious that sounds like a good sled to get comfortable on.
I'm glad you found and enjoy the sport, there's nothing like it.
i'm a flatlander also but i've snowmobiled for awhile, just went to the snowies last year for the first time it was like nothing else i've ever see,the mountains are great.
good luck Jeff

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Couple questions first.
How much you want to spend??
Second, is it really worth buying a sled?
If you only get out once a season or maybe a couple times a season it might be worth it to just rent from the local area.

Down side, you won't be able to modify the sled to fit your style (assuming you have a "style";))
Upside, you get to ride new sleds and have no upkeep and you don't have to tow the sleds out.

A decent used 600 will run you around 4k, you can rent a sled for a day for around 200 dollars. So, doing the math, that is 20 days worth of rental.

So it really boils down to how often and how much you plan to ride each year.

J

jbrow

Jul 17, 2009
Couple questions first.
How much you want to spend??
Second, is it really worth buying a sled?
If you only get out once a season or maybe a couple times a season it might be worth it to just rent from the local area.

Down side, you won't be able to modify the sled to fit your style (assuming you have a "style";))
Upside, you get to ride new sleds and have no upkeep and you don't have to tow the sleds out.

A decent used 600 will run you around 4k, you can rent a sled for a day for around 200 dollars. So, doing the math, that is 20 days worth of rental.

So it really boils down to how often and how much you plan to ride each year.

Don't forget about upkeep, storage, insurance, repairs/deductible, etc. If you do decide to buy, from what I hear the 07+ Polaris 600 RMK H.O. appears to be a good sled to learn on. It also appears to be pretty easy on the wallet from purchase price to maintenance. Good Luck!

Premium Features