• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06' M7 with 800 BB and twin pipes...reliability and power??

T
Mar 18, 2009
I might be purchasing an 06' M7 153" with the following:
-racin station 800 big bore kit
-slp twin pipes and can
-attitude box
-full slp intake
-vanamburg bumper
-led tail light
-bar riser
-2 wheel kit
-gauge cage for the tach
-vents on both side panels
-skid seat.

My question is, will this might be a finicky sled with the big bore and twin pipes? He sais it is tuned well and runs great...but am a little skeptical. If it is setup right it sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Lightweight and good power. Any estimates on power on pump gas? How about weight, since it has some weight shaved off? What do the 06' 153" weight stock...probably 460 or so?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
do you like to tune/work on sleds, are you good at it, if you need help with clutching and such a sled like that is not for you, even if it is tuned good now, if you take it to a different altitude it will need tuning just my 2c

T
Mar 18, 2009
That's what I was thinking...and no, I don't like tuning nor am I good at it. I assume it's mostly due to the twin pipes? How about if I switched them for a single pipe and got it tuned for that setup?

It sounds like a decent sled with some potential, but am not looking for something that is going to very finicky.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I'm running Racing Station 800 kit with Speedwerx 925 pipe. Excellent power (at low alt) and no tuning required - just pull rope and enjoy. More power than stock -10.

I'd first try twins. If they need too much adjusting then get the single.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
i had a m7 with cutler dragon motor, and jaws twins

you will need to fine tune the attitude box every 1000 feet in elevation change, they are fun to ride, but u need to be a good wrench to keep them running right, consistently

Premium Features