• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

home made seats

H
Jan 1, 2008
Just got done with my homemade snow eliminators, and a homemade secondary uppper steering bushing. When I get the sled back together I'll post some pics of the seat, bars, hood mod, and suspension drop. Yea you guessed it, they're all homemade. Just check out my name and you'll figure it out.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Don't laugh. Made this in my shop, milled some mounting brackets for it. Covered in foam and low temp vinyl. Very lightweight. Road it all last year, loved it. Not recommended for jumpers.

NewDIYseat1.JPG

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
sorry wade, I can't contain my chortles lol
this is an xr 80 seat I bought for 10 bucks. not very comfortable but I can get about 8 beer underneath it and a tow rope (for cushioning so me beer don't explode) The sled is torn apart now so the seats for sale, any takers?:D:beer;
P4050186.jpg

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
My buddy used a snowboard and cut it down, put padding on it and built a couple of brackets similar to the dragon seat support. If I can get some pic's I will post them.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
I just added some of those foam pool noodles under the stock foam to increase the height of mine - big improvement! I did a how to write up with lots of pictures in the old forum.

sadie.jpg

I remember that post. Something like: Do something, drink a beer, Cut something, drink a beer, Do something, drink a beer, study something, drink a beer, Do something, drink a beer, duct tape something, drink a beer, Do something, drink a beer, glue something, drink a beer, admire and write report.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
sorry wade, I can't contain my chortles lol
this is an xr 80 seat I bought for 10 bucks. not very comfortable but I can get about 8 beer underneath it and a tow rope (for cushioning so me beer don't explode) The sled is torn apart now so the seats for sale, any takers?:D:beer;

It didn't turn out so bad.

PB170231.JPG

H
Jan 1, 2008
So here is my homemade seat, along with the bars, hood, suspension drop, gutted foot beds, and the secondary upper steering bracket. No jokes about the seat resembling anything freestyle. I don't hang off the seat doing any superman jumps. The sled rarely gets into the air.

newpaint2.jpg newpaint1.jpg new paint.JPG

Last edited:
Premium Features