• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can't keep straight handlebars

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
After riding with bent stock bars all of last year, I bought a new set of RSI bars and all accessories. Bought 7/8" chromoly flat bars. On about the 7th or 8th day this season, I managed to bend the **** out of both sides of bars after hitting something hard. My question is, what can I buy that won't bend, besides solid steel bar?

Tapered aluminum bars? I can't find anyone who makes tapered chromoly. Anyone running tapered with rise / cross bar that can fit the bulky cat controls? What's the strongest setup? I really don't want to spend $300 on control swaps.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If you're bending chromo bars on a regular basis then honestly that's probably what you need to be riding. Aluminum just snaps sometimes.

And steel bends back :)

1" tapered certainly wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Last edited:

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I went through about 5 sets of bars in the last three seasons, cfr, rsi, fly cat ones. Put a set of the lowest rise polaris bars on at the end of last season and they are still going strong.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I went through about 5 sets of bars in the last three seasons, cfr, rsi, fly cat ones. Put a set of the lowest rise polaris bars on at the end of last season and they are still going strong.

Either you have too much talent or not enough! How often do you have to replace the anvil in your shop? haha

I'm running Rox chromoly straight bars. Very similar bend to stock with the same area for controls, just stronger.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Either you have too much talent or not enough! How often do you have to replace the anvil in your shop? haha

I'm running Rox chromoly straight bars. Very similar bend to stock with the same area for controls, just stronger.

I definitely don't have enough!

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK

I roll my sled a lot to get it unstuck and with a headlight delete they're pretty exposed

P

pezq^

Apr 10, 2013
Finland
Couple last winters I ride my proclimb with 600 snowcross cat heavy bar. It's very very strong.

Premium Features