• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colin Kaepernick - what a loser

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Paying attention to details there are too many differences for it to be a true test:
Different locations all together(good neighborhood or bad, no info??).
The "black" guy isnt black(he gives his background in the follow up vid).
White dude has a camera around his neck clearly visible with his light colored shirt(any cop out there has seen other open carry vids challenges and would naturally assume this is one also), black guy had a cell phone in his hand dressed in black.
White guy had a camera person following right by him, black guys camera person was way back suggesting they are a bystander following the black guy to report/keep an eye on him.
There were reports to police that the black guy was brandishing the weapon, mentioned in follow up video.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Paying attention to details there are too many differences for it to be a true test:
White dude has a camera around his neck clearly visible with his light colored shirt(any cop out there has seen other open carry vids challenges and would naturally assume this is one also), black guy had a cell phone in his hand dressed in black.
White guy had a camera person following right by him, black guys camera person was way back suggesting they are a bystander following the black guy to report/keep an eye on him.
There were reports to police that the black guy was brandishing the weapon, mentioned in follow up video.

I (at least) am not going to hold this up as scientific proof. I am however going to continue to see it as an example of the sort of problem we are discussing.

"Be respectful to the police and you'll be fine" From the moment the police showed up on the scene, he was respectful and followed instructions. You'd be perfectly fine with that happening to you?

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I believe that if the white guy was wearing the same clothes as the black guy, walking down the same road as the the black guy, with a camera person lingering cautiously behind like a bystander trying to keep an eye on a crazy person with a gun, the cops would treat the white guy the same as how the black guy was treated.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I believe that if the white guy was wearing the same clothes as the black guy, walking down the same road as the the black guy, with a camera person lingering cautiously behind like a bystander trying to keep an eye on a crazy person with a gun, the cops would treat the white guy the same as how the black guy was treated.

Even IF that were true (which we can agree to disagree on), you didn't answer the question.

You'd be fine with that happening to you, while you were violating no laws?

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Even IF that were true (which we can agree to disagree on), you didn't answer the question.
You'd be fine with that happening to you, while you were violating no laws?
If I were walking down the street with an AR-15(which despite your right to carry it DOES look like your crazy) and a cop, who's duty is to up hold public safety and the safety of his own life, tells me to get down, i would be fine with it. Always comply and sort it out later.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
And yourself?
I would not be ok with it. Similar to you, I believe I would go along and fight it later, but I'm not going to say I think it's what should happen.

That's getting dangerously close to whole "giving up some freedoms for the illusion of safety" thing.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I would not be ok with it. Similar to you, I believe I would go along and fight it later, but I'm not going to say I think it's what should happen.

That's getting dangerously close to whole "giving up some freedoms for the illusion of safety" thing.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I'm agreeing with you.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I'm agreeing with you.

So now, at that point, imagine you firmly believe that this set of events happens more often to one set of citizens than another, solely on the basis of their race. (You don't have to believe this, you just have to imagine that the protesters DO believe this.)

Wouldn't you want to do something to draw attention to that?

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
So now, at that point, imagine you firmly believe that this set of events happens more often to one set of citizens than another, solely on the basis of their race. (You don't have to believe this, you just have to imagine that the protesters DO believe this.)

I believe we have deduced that color has no impact. What has impact is presentation of ones self during the events in question.
Draw attention to that.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I believe we have deduced that color has no impact. What has impact is presentation of ones self during the events in question.
Draw attention to that.

You have asserted that color has no impact. That is far from proven.

We have shown that presentation of ones self doesn't matter, as he was nothing but respectful, but was ordered to the ground and hand-cuffed.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT

You have asserted that color has no impact. That is far from proven.
We have shown that presentation of ones self doesn't matter, as he was nothing but respectful, but was ordered to the ground and hand-cuffed.

I stand by my previous posts depiction of the situation & they're roles reversed. Some will agree, some will disagree, in there lies the controversy.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
I stand by my previous posts depiction of the situation & they're roles reversed. Some will agree, some will disagree, in there lies the controversy.

Agreed that the presentation of the 2 was quite different, reverse the 2 carriers and their clothing and the situation might have looked different, but I won't argue that African Americans aren't unfairly profiled. I've seen it myself, on multiple occasions. But, what has the proliferation of gang violence done to the perception of the different races of young men?

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
Discrimination can come from more than just color. Religious zeal,income bracket,nepotism,jealousy,malevolance,etc. can cause people to discriminate against others.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Discrimination can come from more than just color. Religious zeal,income bracket,nepotism,jealousy,malevolance,etc. can cause people to discriminate against others.

So true.
Like I said before, the world is not perfect and life isn't fair.
Quit the infantile sniveling and deal with it.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

The idea of drawing attention to racial inequalities is a noble one. The idea of doing it at a time and place that turned more people against you was folly.
Then, after seeing the polarizing affect, and doubling down was self destruction.
Very unintelligent.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Soon this will all be over.
Everyone WILL be standing for our anthem.
We can move forward and put all this negativity behind and go back to enjoying the NFL.

And we have our great President Trump to thank for it.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Soon this will all be over.
Everyone WILL be standing for our anthem.
We can move forward and put all this negativity behind and go back to enjoying the NFL.

And we have our great President Trump to thank for it.

http://www.newsweek.com/after-nfl-k...ump-talks-through-retreat-bugle-honors-683058

Mid-interview the “Retreat’ anthem started to play, and while others have stopped in their tracks to salute, stand to attention or pay their respects for the bugle, Trump sat with Hannity and continued to speak throughout it.

"What a nice sound that is," Trump said. "Are they playing that for you or for me?"

"They're playing that in honor of his ratings,” he said, referring to Hannity. "He's beating everybody.”

When it plays, soldiers stop and salute, and civilians place their hands on their hearts in a patriotic act observed by the military. But the president did neither for the sound that has served as a tradition since before the American Revolutionary War, in spite of his criticism of NFL players for protesting during the national anthem.

What a great, respectful, patriotic president.

Premium Features