• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sks ice scratchers

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
I have been wondering also. I picked up my sks yesterday so I will look at what can do and try to keep bogies on and let u know tomorrow night I have a set of cables and wire ones at the shop to try was also thinking maybe the doo ones would work

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Shouldn't have to move any wheels to install scratchers. I have been running both wheels and scratchers on 06, 08, and 12 RMK's and Pros. Never had to move wheels. Added the wheel kits to my my 2012 Pro.

The wheels are in different locations on the axys rail.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Based on the pictures I am seeing you all are correct. There does appear to be a mounting hole further forward right at the end of the curve on the rails. I'm sure the front wheel could be moved to that location or better you mount your scratchers there. Further forward would spray more snow in hyfax and heat exchangers one would think.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I will remove the stock scratchers on my Axys Pro and put Ski Doo reversible scratchers on. I may have to drill an extra hole but they are a much better alternative than the stock ones. You don't have to worry about putting them up if you don't want to. They also are much better in putting snow/ice on the hyfax and track because the contact point is about 6 inches further forward than the stock ones. I also run Ski Z snow deflectors on the skis. These are also reversible and they bring the engine temps on hard trails way down. I ran them on my 13 with the X3 track last year and they really work as do the Ski Doo scratchers. About $100 investment for both scratchers and deflectors.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My plan was to run the Ice Storms by Over the Top Performance. The wheel is indeed in the way. So I rotated it and the bracket to the inside. The wheel was not centered in the drive lugs. It was actually touching the drive lug closer to center and had about .25-.375 inch gap next to the other drive lug. I could still spin the wheel but did not want to put any wear on my track.

So I ended up putting on the new Dura-Flex scratchers. These are a nice product and when installed right they have lots of nice down pressure. For as little as I think I will need them I feel this is the best solution. And no worries backing up.

http://www.gobigparts.com/Slide-Savers-and-Ice-Scratchers.html

21722544109_5164321464_c.jpg

21919121001_95af43bd4c_c.jpg

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I installed the OTT reversible scratchers on my AXYS, direct replacement for the stock and the holes for the park bracket are already there for the wheel option. You can run both extra wheels inside the rails and reversible scratchers. The problem is if you want to run extra wheels inside the skid at the front with the upgraded shocks.
The shock reservoir will hit the wheels. If you want to run the wheels on the outside of the rails, in the front position, they will interfere with the scratchers. Mountain riders only choice is inside the rails so rolling the sled on its side is not hindered.

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
After finally looking at mine even though I have had for solid month I have decided on leaving rear wheel on and taking front one off and moving it on the stock wire scratcher location with the use of the adapters they make for em. I have had great luck in past with using the adapters which were needed on switchbacks from iq to the assults will post a photo when I get it all done but this is what I'm talking about using then can keep all wheels and more pressure on scratchers cus wire type and no drilling in to skid

image.jpg

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
I went to order and saw the scratchers and adapters in one kit on eBay for 50 so I bought 2 kits one for me and one for my pops sled but couldn't pass it up scratchers and adapter for 50 bucks adapter alone are 30. Just make sure u get 20mm bearing that's the size needed not 25mm

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
Sorry...just trying to visualize. So, these adaptors mount to the outside of the front set of wheels on the SKS? Wire scratchers mount in pre drilled holes, and rest on these adaptors with swapping out the bolt and keeping the 4 front outside wheels?

Premium Features