• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Battery or not

Mar 6, 2008
Did anyone who has received their axys with the digital gauge have a battery or not. I read the manual and it said it would. Just wondering if it does or not. Thanks

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Mine does not, Sucks! Dont like having to have the sled running to use the gauge.

Will have to wire something up...

Flyn Or Dyn

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2009
Wisconsin
Battery

The sled will come with a battery if you checked it with electric start but not if you only checked it with the GPS gauge.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
The sled will come with a battery if you checked it with electric start but not if you only checked it with the GPS gauge.

True. At least that is what Polaris told me, so thats the way I ordered it and the way it came. First time having electric start for me on a 2 stroke. After 6 shoulder operations I think I can justify being a little lazy lol.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Hopefully they sent along the electric start jumper harness for those without estart. This way you can just plug that jumper into the sled and then hook it to a battery in your garage to update or use the gauge without having the sled running.

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Hopefully they sent along the jumper harness for those equipped with estart. This way you can just plug that jumper into the sled and then hook it to a battery in your garage to update or use the gauge without having the sled running.

Would not that work by turning the key to the run position?

S/C

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Would not that work by turning the key to the run position?

S/C

Correct. Mine does work (or stays on) with the key turned to the run, not start position when the motor is off. There's also a plug under the dash to download updates from your computer, smart phone or flash drive as well. This display also comes with its own owners manual.

image.jpg

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
last year i run the IDD with electric start. definitely a plus as you can turn key to boot IDD.

this year i have a 16' Pro and no battery/electric start. I knew going in i would have to start sled for IDD...what i didn't think about was when i hit reverse it reboots the IDD (essentially shuts motor/power down to kick reverse) doh!. probably shoulda went ES just for convenience of it all.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Yep! Going to have to hook a battery up just for it!

AKFT you can do that, you should have the same connections I have even though you don't have the electric start. There is an wire harness Polaris shows to hook up the display on a non display sled. Let us know how it turns out. I bought the ES for a couple reasons, this being one of them and when it shuts off in reverse. I would think they have some lite weight battery out now that fit this sled over the stock one? Anyone try yet? Couple more pics of the connections under display. I haven't looked yet on where to hook up my tether.

IMG_4110.jpg IMG_4111.jpg IMG_4113.jpg IMG_4114.jpg

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
What I meant to say the first time:

Hopefully they sent along the electric start jumper harness for those without estart. This way you can just plug that jumper into the sled and then hook it to a battery in your garage to update or use the gauge without having the sled running. This is what I do on my PRO that I added the gauge to.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
What I meant to say the first time:

Hopefully they sent along the electric start jumper harness for those without estart. This way you can just plug that jumper into the sled and then hook it to a battery in your garage to update or use the gauge without having the sled running. This is what I do on my PRO that I added the gauge to.

They did not :(

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Prayn4snow;3851182 I would think they have some lite weight battery out now that fit this sled over the stock one?[/QUOTE said:
I have been running these light weight lithium batteries in my 14 & 15 pros with ES- work great-take up so much less room I generally cut the tray down and have nore room for the QD belt.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFgQtwIwA2oVChMI79CL_fvexwIVhhGSCh0YAgE9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrVwVsVJNaKk&usg=AFQjCNFbibhA4yTfRcbpEuQSJw9Ko5GEww&sig2=3GNhYQTd13k7_z5YUFTyYg

Last edited:

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I used the same battery as sage last year. Works good. Usually pull start first time on cold mornings, but good to go after that for the rest of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
09 Hillclimb----

Any WPS Dealer - or you can order one through here from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_75qv1wn8hx_b

Depending on your rating you desire will dictate the end price. As i said Mine is the Part Number 490-2518 HJTX20CH 360 CCA fits perfect length wise- and a bit shorter height wise.
$141.26 right now which is not bad price

There was another thread on here awhile ago - there are several brands available/ all with pro's and con's.
WPS was the no brainier for me.

S/C

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2008
Why did you choose the one you did? They have smaller ones for $68, all I want is for the display when engine isn't running. Do I really need a bigger one or did you do it for e-start or to fit the battery box?

J

jwal114

May 5, 2012
I didn't get the e-start, but plan on getting the e-start harness and getting a really small battery. Shouldn't need much to power that display for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Why did you choose the one you did? They have smaller ones for $68, all I want is for the display when engine isn't running. Do I really need a bigger one or did you do it for e-start or to fit the battery box?

I did it to replace the heavy battery that Polaris has in the ES option / and I made more room as the WPS was way smaller-lighter- ( double bonus)
I don't use the ES much but on the off camber stuck situations - sure is nice to just reach over the top and turn a key vs. yanking on the rope on a bad angle.
Yes, you can go as small as you as you want- but if all you looking for is to power the display, there are way cheaper one's out there.

Since you don't have ES- then you might think of where your going to mount it also/ Polaris is pretty proud of their battery box.

S/C

Premium Features