• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CLARIFICATION ON ELECTRIC START OPTION ON THE SKS MODEL SNOWCHECK AND IN-SEASON

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've received quite a few PM's regarding the cost and option of the Electric start on the SKS's models..

So Here's my question directly to management at Polaris Industries and their answer. Posting it here so that all can see.

FYI.

Mountainhorse:
Can you please clarify... Officially.

The SKS in your specs shows that model as having STANDARD electric start
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobiles/800-sks-155/specs

But in the "SnowCheck builder" on the Polaris website... it shows it as a $499.00 option that you have pay for.

Which is correct so that I can clarify for our readers/your buyers.

Polaris Industries:
Actually, both.

The stocking model SKS that will be available in dealerships in fall/winter will come standard with electric start.

For SnowCheck, we’re giving customers the option of having electric start or not.

It’s a good overall combination... the rider that’s most likely to be interested in the SKS will more than likely want electric start, but in the theme of true factory customization, we’re allowing the SnowCheck customer to make that decision.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
The "In Season" (non-snowcheck) "stock" model SKS... DOES come with electric start.... but you do not get the choice of Bar Height, No custom color combos (black w/blue is the only color the in-season comes in), un-coated rail/tunnel, no choice of windshields, and it only has the standard gauge (MFD).... it ONLY has the series 5.1, 2.4" track

The price is the same as the "SNOWCHECK SKS without the starter".... but does NOT have some of the cool options available.

Pic of the "In Season SKS" with Electric start included for $13,999
profile.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
On the Snowcheck... you have to pay (edit) $400 for the starter option...but you get, included in the price... choice of bars, windshield, choice of colors and rail/tunnel coatings.
You also have the option, at additional cost, of the Peak 2.25" track or the 2.6" series 6 track.

Some of the the many color options on the SnowCheck SKS.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Thank for the clarification.

While we're on the subject, what does the E-Start weigh total on the sled?

Any idea how much the battery alone weighs?

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
So the weight of the Snow-Checked model without E-Start would be around #420, plus the 2.6" is lighter than the 2.4"?
Seems like a little bit of sandbagging to get guys after the PRO w/belt drive. SKS w/o e-start, 2.6" track and an SLP pipe will be right in the #410 range. Nice!!!!

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
So the weight of the Snow-Checked model without E-Start would be around #420, plus the 2.6" is lighter than the 2.4"?
Seems like a little bit of sandbagging to get guys after the PRO w/belt drive. SKS w/o e-start, 2.6" track and an SLP pipe will be right in the #410 range. Nice!!!!

Thats what I figured out the first couple of days. Although not sure of the real numbers I know it will be close. I will install a GGB can and go without electric start and should be close to 400lbs anyway. NOt enough of a difference any normal rider will feel.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I got such a deal on mine I decided to throw on the electric start anyways. Im coming off of a Nytro so its still gonna be one hell of a weight difference anyway. Ill probably throw on a GGB trail can to lighten it up a bit more though.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I got such a deal on mine I decided to throw on the electric start anyways. Im coming off of a Nytro so its still gonna be one hell of a weight difference anyway. Ill probably throw on a GGB trail can to lighten it up a bit more though.

Holy cow are you going to be over riding this thing at first. Probably have more energy at the end of the day than you will realize.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
booo for standard e-start. and that you have to pay for it on a snocheck when it comes standard on the standard, just weird :face-icon-small-con
just leave it off polaris, dont forget what sks stands for!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
booo for standard e-start. and that you have to pay for it on a snocheck when it comes standard on the standard, just weird :face-icon-small-con
just leave it off polaris, dont forget what sks stands for!

I believe the other model snowcheck selects (LE's) are $400 more as well. Snow King Special.

Premium Features