• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 CAMOPLAST X3 INFO for CENTER PUNCHED TRACKS

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Just wanted to give my Polaris readers a "heads up" on the challenger X3, punched for center drivers, 15 inches wide.

NOTE: This is for the CENTER PUNCHED TRACK ONLY.... NON center-punched tracks are also available through other outlets in the same time frame.

Both versions of this X3 track will require you to run aftermarket Drivers from AVID.

The difference is if you will have to trim your rails or not.

The first run of these tracks will be exclusively available from Carl's Cycle. They stepped up to the plate and ordered a first run to make sure that Camoplast would make this track in a center punched track.

No part number for these center punched tracks yet.

This will be a bolt-in track for the 2013/14 PRO RMK with the Hex shaft... when you use the AVID drivers Below and will not require the rails to be trimmed or an anti-stab kit to be used.

You now have two options for the X3 driver choices.
The other, non center-punched, track info is posted in many other places throught the SnoWestOnline forums.

Center Punched Weights:
156" weight: 56 lbs
162" weight: 58 lbs

INFO FROM CARLS:
Pricing on the new center punched tracks
156 x3” 15 wide $1299: ETA mid October
162 x3” 15 wide $1349: ETA mid September

1 set 3.0 pitch 7t drivers $260, drivers will be avail for 11-12’ pro and 13 pro shafts. 11-12’ does require a modification to the chain case to run a 7t driver. Carls charges $80 for the case modification. (Gearing and clutching changes would be recommend with appropriate models)

No need for a anti-stab kit or trimming the rails. Less vibration over standard extrovert driver/anti-stab kit setups.

Limited quantity run, those interested would need to call Carls parts department and put a $400 deposit to reserve a track. Reserve early to ensure a track for the beginning of the season. Expecting to sell out quickly.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Here's a picture of 7 tooth 3" drivers for the center punched track. We made a few sets of these last year to try them out. They worked very well. No cutting of the rails required. The anti-ratchet points are .25" longer than stock, looser track. Plus with no bare shaft showing in the middle, no ice build up. We made some in the stock 8 tooth 2.86" pitch. They worked well also. We can make them in any pitch, no of teeth and shaft size. They aren't on our site yet but are available. Avid Products

attachment.php

attachment.php

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I like this idea much more than the other option. Dang I guess I haven't bought a track in a while because I use to remember when they were around $700 bucks for one lol oh well I'm sure it performs good... Thanks for the info!

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
MH could you clarity this...

in my other post you said quote..

"See my other thread XP....Carls has the exclusive on the center punched version."

and above you say

"The first run of these tracks will be exclusively available from Carl's Cycle."

Is Carl's getting the exclusive or just the exclusive on the first run or just the exclusive on the center punched.

What track will Tracks USA be providing in the banner add I drool at every day.?

Thanks MH for digging up quality/ detailed/ no BS info for us.

Cheers
Shawn

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I talked to Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports and she has ordered 10 of them already. That would be another option for folks looking to pre-order...

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Are we seriously looking at $1300 for just the track plus $260 for the drivers? I didn't realize tracks had gotten so expensive.

M
Nov 28, 2007
Carls Cycle is Exlusive on the FIRST run of the CENTERPUNCHED version.

Put into simpler terms, if you want a 3 inch center punch track before the season starts, call carls cycle and get a deposit put down. they are the one that is going to have them available before the snow flies.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
MH, could you find out how much the non-center punched 156 weighs?

As I understand it, the regular drivers weigh less than the center punch drivers? But the non-center punched drivers can collect snow and ice there...

The non-center punched track has better floatation... how much is questionable.

Carls says less vibration. Care to elaborate on that?

You don't HAVE to run an anti stab... but it still is a 3" pitch track..

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So what is your guys take on running a turbo and 7 tooth drivers with the belt drive where you can't rear gear? VOHK more or less told me it doesn't work since you gear it down to much for a turbo'd sled

E
Feb 22, 2009
So what is your guys take on running a turbo and 7 tooth drivers with the belt drive where you can't rear gear? VOHK more or less told me it doesn't work since you gear it down to much for a turbo'd sled

Works great, I ran a 3" track on 7T Avid Drivers, and stock belt drive all last season with a Boost-It Turbo. Gearing was perfect in my opinion.

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I know it's been covered in the past, but how much does a 7 t driver actually gear it down?

7t 3" pitch = 21" circumference = 6.68" diameter

8t 2.86" pitch = 22.88" circumference = 7.28" diameter

~8.2% reduction. Approximately equivalent to changing from the stock 2.10 gear ratio to a 2.27 gear ratio.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So the guys running the 3 inch and 7 tooth on a stock sled is it ideal to gear down even more then what the 7 tooth does if they can? Or is that enough by itself??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
A 7 tooth is approx the same as running stock 8 tooth drivers and 20/45 gear combo (2.25:1) if tdbaugha's calcs are correct.

Depends on how you ride and what you have for power.

I'm going to run a bit lower than that and run lower gearing in the chaincase.... I want my final drive ratio to be in the neighborhood of 2.3:1.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I ran the non-center punch X3 last year on the Pro with 7 tooth drivers. It worked awesome. There is some vibration under foot but the Pro is a bit of a vibrator as it is and I didn't notice it after a couple of rides. I ran a 12 shaft in that sled too if it makes a difference. Rooster built has the clutching nailed on this combo. Dual angle helix that worked awesome in WA at 3-6000 at 8250 and in WY at 7-9000 on the other angle it ran 83-8400 which is perfect in my opinion. That was the best clutched sled I have ever ridden. The X3 is actually designed to work on stock HP sleds as it turns pretty easy and is pretty light for a 3"-163" track. I was worried it would take all the snap out of the Pro but it didn't at all. Highly recommended. Had a couple friends that ran the same track on their Boonedocker turbos and it worked awesome for them too, they are the ones who turned me on to this track.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
So the guys running the 3 inch and 7 tooth on a stock sled is it ideal to gear down even more then what the 7 tooth does if they can? Or is that enough by itself??

it will work great with just 7". seen it on a 13, he could go where ever he wanted in the trees. Still can get stuck but far less easily and this was on a 174 to boot.

we wasnt quite stock, had a slp pipe and pc but really thats not adding much.

Premium Features