• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rekluse clutch

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
I've run a Rekluse (hybride EXP/Core EXP - I think they now have the full Core EXP for the KTM 500 now) in my 2013 KTM 500 EXC for 1.5 years now. Probably 45 days on snow and about 15 days on dirt. On snow no differencein mileage as you're running high RPM so there in not much clutching happening. On dirt I would suspect that I get better mileage as I'm running 1 gear higher on the gnarly uphills which translates into lower RPM. Just make sure it is adjusted correctly so there is no clutch slip when engaged. After all of these days, the Rekluse was only adjusted once (probably didn't need to but I wanted to take it appart to see how it was fairing) and the clutch appears in great shape still. I love the Rekluse as it is a convenience on snow and is phenominal on dirt trail riding - I can ride with way more control on uphill loose traction stuff. Another great benefit of the Rekluse is that I've spun my clutch lever up (rarely if ever used noe) and put a rear brake lever on the left handlebar which is really good for steep dirt descent especially bottom-out right hand turns when I want to stamp my right foot forward.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
100% to what whistlerhawk just said. I ran the Core EXP all last winter and loved it. It's great for bobbing through tight trees and using the low end grunt of the bike to tractor around when doing technical route selection. I only use the clutch anymore to downshift... otherwise all my upshifts are clutch free. I switched my bike over to dirt this weekend and I was completely blown away by how awesome the Rekluse is on the dirt. Technical climbs become much more manageable and the clutch instills a lot more confidence. Rock, loose dirt, trees in the hill... it's all so much better now. I will never have another bike without one.

I don't really see how the Rekluse could harm mileage... if anything it should help it since you won't be in the top end of your RPM range as much. No power difference either.

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Rekluse works awesome. No power loss. So easy to manage (feels like you ar e cheating throught the tough technical sections). Have had one for 3 seasons of dirt & snow.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
A little different subject but I see Honda has a street bike that has a double clutch , there is no need to shift or if you want to the up and down are on the left hand side of the bar . It's like when formula cars went that route quite a few years ago , changed the game completely , these guys are ahead of the ball , actually reinventing the wheel .

swedenturbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
Sweden
Saw pics of Snowest project turbo snowbike.
Looks like they will use Rekluse on a turbo bike.
Any modificatons to the clutch or just a standard Core EXP?

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
I put a Rekluse in a couple weeks ago. Rode twice on dirt. Love it! My only issue is that my clutch lever keeps getting stuck in the out position and I can't use it. Doesn't really matter because I don't need it anyway but would like the option. I think the slave cylinder piston is jammed. Anyway, I feel like a pro with this thing. Confidence way up! Can't wait to ride with it on snow!

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Heavy wedges, heavy springs. Check your EXP unit occasionally for wear characteristics on the front and black plate, change your oil often. Otherwise ride the piss out of it. It will hold up with the turbo.

Premium Features