• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX intake installation and SLP Single Pipe Fuel Map W/ BDX Intake/Hood

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I have been running SLP Single Pipe and just now installing BDX Intake-Hood. I have not done any testing and was wondering if the additional cold air intake will require fuel adjustments. I found the SLP mapping, especially NON ethanol extremely rich on the bottom end so I figure it will be safe leaving map as is.

Anyone been running similar SLP pipe set up at or near 3-7k elevation?

also running:

MDS Weights
911 cover
20t top
7 tooth avids
Team

Thanks!

Last edited:

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Also having some issues figuring out gauge pod mounting and wiring of the new BDX intake with headlight delete. Did guys extend wires or were u able to make it work as is?

I know a few have installed this and BDX didn't bother to even give a hint as to installation so any help is appreciated.

J
Dec 10, 2007
Hood

A lot of people complained of a bad bog on the low end with the hood. I ran the stock pipe with the intake and a power commander with a lot of extra fuel and I didn't have a bog. I did notice a little loss in bottom end it felt like. This is with a BB and 50mm throttles and Vforce tho.

I would recommend different mapping.

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
I do get a bog every so often when i am first taking off from a stop. But if i need a crapload of throttle immediately in a sticky situation, it has never let me down with a bog.
All stock with slp can, 8000-11000 k, Runs great, just a few bogs when slow acceleration from stop

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I will give you guys my take on the BDX hood.
I made my own version, just bought all the frogskinz from bdx.
I assumed it would loose it on the bottom, and as expected, it did. And it also add alot of noise from the trottles.
So, I took a venturi from a M-series airbox, and mounted it in between the hood and the trottle airbox. Glued it to the hood so it seals good.
Did I loose any top end power, NO, before I did this mod permanent, I testet it on a dyno with the venturi in it, and without. No differense in topend power, but engine is waaay more snappy on the bottom end. And less noise from the intake.

20130228_190723.jpg

Premium Features