• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Rasmussens Custom ProClimb"

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
thats all fine and dandy, was some sweet editing and cool to see something from brett finally after all year of wondering but fact is if i posted that video or anyone with minimal "big name" history it would get boo'ed out of this place.

he gets several free sleds from arctic cat ect you would think he would throw down a video with him throwing that proclimb all around china making it look easy and kick *** where the sled is in its element...

thats all im saying....

like i said i just dont see why they focused there energy on that day for a video for all to see???

i know hes got to have video from all year that shows some way sicker/skill showing things is all i was getting at!! i wanna see that stuff!!! look up chris burrandt and hes got sick videos of him all over the net doing sweet stuff on a pro rmk, i know the cats capable and the big name behind it isnt showing us any sweet as footage......

-Aksnopro

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
If you mean a drag race then the XLT was good but in the deep and trees??? not even close.

The 1M and PS chassis are about as close as the M and PC chassis. Remember we were talking fat and skinny. Also canoes, rowboats, and punts LOL.

I agree the PS was a good first attempt at a mountain chassis. And I agree that cat needs to go back to building mountain specific sleds, but to say you liked the PS better than the M. Comon? The fun factor is not even in the same ball park. I get your point though.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
LOL Wyo. You got some inside info? Did the hard drive crash or is it going exactly as programed.

I'm sitting on a picket fence right now and it hurts LOL. On one side there is the Pro with the great chassis but engine issues and on the other is the PC with a great engine but some other issues. Why do I have to even weight the pros and cons. I should just be able to pick colour and dealer in 2013. Do the big three get together to keep the sales balanced lol.

You can reflect about the cycles Cat has gone through with it's mountain chassis and suspentions. IMO they have forgotten the most and also innovated the most. Doo and Poo have steadily progressed but at a much slower pace.
Same thing with drivelines. At one time Cat had the best in clutching and driveline. They brought us the reverse cam tortional secondary and ACT drive. In 2012,,,?? Poo and Doo have slowly improved and today you can arque which is best.

LOL, now motors are exactly opposite. Suzuki-Cat motors were POS's in the nineties into 2000 something. The 580 ate pistons and cranks, 600's ate pistons, 700's too much to list, 900's were prone to midrange burn down until EFI.
Poo and Doo had great motors then. In 2001 they lost their hard drive in the motor dept. and still haven't rebooted.

What's going on? My '93 Dodge Cummins doesn't hold a candle to my 2011 Ford 6.7 in any dept. My '93 CR 250 was a great bike but the 2007 CR250 is light years ahead in every aspect.

Why in 2013 do I have to pick between the lesser of two evils when I purchase my snowmobile?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Insider info, when sales tank they plug it back in. All that has to happen is if polaris builds a real engine, If they did only a fool would not buy a close to 400lb MOUNTAIN sled.

Like I've said, my plan is to take the chain saw out and redesign that picket fence buy stuffing a suzuki in the pro.

Then mass produce it, you want in...

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I'd love to Wyo but,,, lol. I've been doing the "math" for quite a while trying to put the "ultimate" together.

Ever since I realized the PC was making me think to much instead of just riding it, I have mentally tried to install a Suzuki in the Pro. 900 fits best, 800 is the one i want. Trouble is the 800 moves a bunch of weight forward and 900 just adds a bunch of weight on the front.
Will the Pro be the same package with these changes??? It's easy enough to change some steering and suspention geometry but adding or moving 12-18lbs of rotating mass in a 410 lb package is a tricky, expensive experiment that won't be proven until ridden.

The PC is a great sled! I wish I could have focused on just handling instead of drivetrain this season.
My problem is I got to ride a Pro for a day. Ignorance is bliss LOL.

On one side is the best handling, lightest package (by far) mountain chassis ever put on the snow with a great driveline but an iffy 700 powered motor. On the other is a great motor in a great chassis that needs a diet and major tweeks to the front and rear suspention design and mounting points with an iffy drive line. Good thing I didn't ride the new Doo LOL.

Everybody can pick their own "best sled ever". They're both in that class. Neither is the "ultimate".
Had a great time on the PC this season but I'm slowly falling over to the dark side (black 2013 155 Pro lol) based on 1 day of total fun.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I think it's funny how the people who don't own a Pro rag about it being under powered, but the people who do own a Pro love how it performs. Why is that? I own a 2012 Pro and a 2011 Summit X. The Summit is supposed to have 10 to 20 more HP than the Pro, depending on whose dyno you believe, but the Pro will hand the Summit it's butt on a hill. Why is that?

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
I think it's funny how the people who don't own a Pro rag about it being under powered, but the people who do own a Pro love how it performs. Why is that? I own a 2012 Pro and a 2011 Summit X. The Summit is supposed to have 10 to 20 more HP than the Pro, depending on whose dyno you believe, but the Pro will hand the Summit it's butt on a hill. Why is that?

Weight, clutching, track, suspension, etc. Apples and oranges to a degree. I remember in the nineties when Poos just seemed to get the power down better than others and we would scratch our heads.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Yeah gearing and clutching!! When my belt temps rose a pro waxed me, let them cool down and bam waxed him by 4-5 sled lengths, getting that power to the ground im learning is more important them the power itself. Im not sure where i stand with cat right now if they dont do anything by next season to help chain/belt life, you will see me on a 2013 pro as well. Keeping the 10M though!

-Aksnopro

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007

hmmm. I don't own a pro but many do, my PC straight up kills them on a pull. It's obvious where the power is. I think its funnier that pro riders try to justify it. Just stick with the strong points, the pro is a great sled, handles well but the power is obviously not like a cat. put the two together and you would have something.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Underpowered

hmmm. I don't own a pro but many do, my PC straight up kills them on a pull. It's obvious where the power is. I think its funnier that pro riders try to justify it. Just stick with the strong points, the pro is a great sled, handles well but the power is obviously not like a cat. put the two together and you would have something.

Not fair wyo, didn't you see I had a pro with 6400+ miles and the next day the primary clutch started acting up:face-icon-small-ton

Should put the hill drag racing videos up of me jumping the gun and you passing me!

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009

You mean your trimmed down, modded PC kills them on a pull? I agree with you on the Cat motor in the Pro, though.

W

wje_153

Nov 20, 2008
Montana
I agree with wyo on this one I had a pro this season and my buddy bought my M8 off me and even in the old chassis the 800 H.O. Destroyed my pro that's just my experience. But like wyo said its odvious where the powers at. 160+HP vs. 145HP yes the pro is lighter but I felt like after stepping on to a pro after riding the M series I would slowly claw to pull long steep lines instead of ripping apart everything in front of me like I felt on my M8. The chassis makes up for how pathetically underpowered they are plain and simple.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Not fair wyo, didn't you see I had a pro with 6400+ miles and the next day the primary clutch started acting up:face-icon-small-ton

Should put the hill drag racing videos up of me jumping the gun and you passing me!

Yours isn't the only one. I've ran my 153 against 163 pro's and still had good results in 2ft of fresh but when it gets deeper the 153 looses in the slow tractor race.

holdin out on the vids, come on. lol
btw, yours still ran pretty dang well compared to some of the others.

In stiffer snow with a CE on the pro and really good clutching the pro also shines when the PC on the cat spins but its a toss up.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Yours isn't the only one. I've ran my 153 against 163 pro's and still had good results in 2ft of fresh but when it gets deeper the 153 looses in the slow tractor race.

holdin out on the vids, come on. lol
btw, yours still ran pretty dang well compared to some of the others.

In stiffer snow with a CE on the pro and really good clutching the pro also shines when the PC on the cat spins but its a toss up.

I'll have a different machine and work on my clutching for next year.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Will have to get ahold of you about clutch goodies once I pick one up.
I think I put all the sidehilling stuff i had in the second vid I made. Will get some better shots next time!
NOW :focus:

L

Lambert454

May 1, 2009
mcCall, Idaho

Fast forward to 3:00min and tell me that MY Proclimb smokes the Pro. I was pinned the WHOLE time on that last pull and still got passed by the Pro. That was the stock 800 class so NO mods were added to either sled besides clutching and a studded track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtZMcjnZzlQ&feature=g-upl

Last edited:
Premium Features