• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Rasmussens Custom ProClimb"

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
http://vimeo.com/41712641

Looks like he stuck with the tall spindles instead of the shorter ones that BDX is making. Also has narrow running boards without sucking in the plastics and a modification to the rear drop bracket.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Im not impressed at all, looked like a bunch of rookie riders, seriously....

I have a lot of respect for brett and his abilities i just dont think that video showed any of them..

-Aksnopro

Better challenge Bret to a duel then...:crutch: BTW that was Tony Jenkins.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Oh Brew. You just godda keep poking at the wound eh LOL.

I paused and rewound and paused and rewound lol. Looks like he moved the whole skid back to the old M position in the tunnel and moved the footwells back quite a bit too. Project skinny too.
Hmm. It would be nice for him to blog it a bit on his chassis and drivetrain improvements over the season. He does get a lot of riding in and is a pretty good judge of what works or doesn't for the type of riding I like.
The Poo looked snappy lol.

Oh well, I've got all the bases covered for next season anyway. 2013 Pro coming and 2012 modified to be better than a 2013 PC LE lol.
I'll only keep one to ride though. Which one will depend on what we get from Cat in the fall. No one is going to stop me from just riding next year lol.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Dear Arctic Cat,
Please bring Brett's sled to your factory. Then copy it part for part. Now produce it as a factory sled.
Thanks from all of us spending our money to make them like they should have been from the factory.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Dear Arctic Cat,
Please bring Brett's sled to your factory. Then copy it part for part. Now produce it as a factory sled.
Thanks from all of us spending our money to make them like they should have been from the factory.

I think only polaris listens to back country riders. Come on cat i've been with you for a long time but it might be time for a change:(

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
spindle

Oh Brew. You just godda keep poking at the wound eh LOL.

I paused and rewound and paused and rewound lol. Looks like he moved the whole skid back to the old M position in the tunnel and moved the footwells back quite a bit too. Project skinny too.
Hmm. It would be nice for him to blog it a bit on his chassis and drivetrain improvements over the season. He does get a lot of riding in and is a pretty good judge of what works or doesn't for the type of riding I like.
The Poo looked snappy lol.

Oh well, I've got all the bases covered for next season anyway. 2013 Pro coming and 2012 modified to be better than a 2013 PC LE lol.
I'll only keep one to ride though. Which one will depend on what we get from Cat in the fall. No one is going to stop me from just riding next year lol.

Hey geo,, how bout a spindle that has a more Z or S shape that you shorten the top A arm ? The 08 to 011 style spindle only more extreme, it looks like to me that there is room to do this, it could be machined to start an inward shape just above the lower A arm mount. The top ball joint would have to be larger to allow more upper A arm movement but that wouldn't affect anything.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--The companies are listed beneath the video so you can figure out what are the mods.

--SLP pipe and can, skis

--BD if turboed and BD fuel box

--WRP seat

--ARS - FX steering fix, Exit shocks

--Renton Coil Titanium coil springs

--Skinz running boards(custom)

--C3 -- Carbon hood?

--Arctic FX sled wrap

--RSI handlebar clamps kill switch throttle block

--Mountain Valley Machine rear suspension mount and maybe steering fix

--Not sure what bumper???

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Im not impressed at all, looked like a bunch of rookie riders, seriously....

I have a lot of respect for brett and his abilities i just dont think that video showed any of them..

-Aksnopro

Rode with Jenkins and he is an awesome rider. He might crash a time or two but it is on stuff that most people wouldn't play on. Sessions and him are top notch.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Never said the guys couldn't ride, just figured at years end they would throw down a better video under better snow conditions ect ect. I specifically said i don't think that video does there skills justice. Wasn't an attack on there skills. :)

-Aksnopro

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Sure is Purdy eh! Mines`only 5 lbs heavier with a skid pan and non Ty front springs.

So if you spend 4500 US or 5500 CDN bucks (NA version) and take the time yourself to install, you get a PC that is within 24 to 27 lbs of a stock 2013 Pro. Equalize the fuel weight and it is more like 35lbs. 35 very, very expensive lbs left to go.
It has more power but how much of that power gets transfered to the track AND for how long. Weight is a debatable advantage for some.
One more question is does it have the handles of the Pro. I'll never know. I do know mine isn't close enough yet.

Just putting that out there to point out the simply amazing job Poo did to their chassis. You can just grab it off the floor. Anybody can. Can't be disputed anymore lol.

I'm really excited because a long time dream of mine is finally in sight. A sub 400 lb mountain sled. I'm not rich enough to put a C3 sled on the snow so I have to say thank-you to Cat for making a sled with enough problems to make the door-hitting-my-**s not hurt so much lol. And thank-you to Poo for building what we all know was possible from the manufacturers.

Premium Features