• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 700 BD PG problems

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
Ok, A couple month ago I bought a 09 700 with A bd pg turbo on it. I have a terrible bog right at engagement. If the sled sits for 10-15 minutes it's not as bad but still there. Once going it runs fine. Boost is set at 6-7 psi. I have been riding in the 6-8,000 ft range. I did some searching and after my first ride and thought it was the reeds. I replaced them with some new stock ones and no change. I checked the tb boots when I had them off and they were fine. I've been all over with the numbers and it never changes. I'm currently back to bd starting numbers. I changed the spring and weights in the primary to what bd recommends, it did have the wrong spring and weights to begin with. Still no change. I'm lost and am about ready to sale the kit. Any help would be great. Thanks

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
At idle what's the bd box show for boost? Intercooled or not? Updated Ebc? Is the wastegate stuck? Does it do it with the bd box bypassed? There's tons of things it could be and it may take a little to figure out. Don't give up yet.

When I was having problems with mine at low rpm's it was a broken lower injector wire.

D
Dec 15, 2008
Cody, Wy
I Have a 08 700 that i just put a turbo on. I have been having pretty much the same problems. I ride from 7000' to 10000' running 8-9.5 pounds on half avgas. It stumbles really bad in the low end but when it gets goin it runs awesome. I have been all over with numbers and nothing is working. I also replaced the fuel filter. The bd box reads zero at idle. I dont think my ebc has been updated. Would that make a difference?

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
At idle what's the bd box show for boost? Intercooled or not? Updated Ebc? Is the wastegate stuck? Does it do it with the bd box bypassed? There's tons of things it could be and it may take a little to figure out. Don't give up yet.

When I was having problems with mine at low rpm's it was a broken lower injector wire.
Its non intercooled, no ebc, wastegate isn't stuck. I haven't bypassed the bd box yet. I have to go get the bypass jumper from bd. As for boost at idle, according to the stat screen there is no boost at idle. I'll check the injector wires.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Have you tried replacing the fuel filter? I would remove the box and bring it inside to dry out.

The symptom kind of sounds like a vacuum leak most likely at the throttle body boot. Try spraying the t-body area with some starting fluid and see if the symptom changes.

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
Have you tried replacing the fuel filter? I would remove the box and bring it inside to dry out.

The symptom kind of sounds like a vacuum leak most likely at the throttle body boot. Try spraying the t-body area with some starting fluid and see if the symptom changes.
TB boots are good, already checked them. Fuel filter has 2 rides on it.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
On mine when the ex temp sensor goes bad it starts dumping mass amounts of fuel in it but wont flash the check engine light. That's why I asked about the bypass, with the bypass plugged in the codes will flash on the display.

I'm alot lower in elevation than you guys but I'm way lower on my fuel settings than bd's starting numbers. I'm running straight avgas with 10lbs boost at 2500'

-1 0 0 3000
1 0 0 5000
28 32 28

D
Dec 15, 2008
Cody, Wy
how do you bypass or is it something you have to get from boondockers? My A/F gauge is also always reading lean, like never below 12.8 no matter what numbers i run. And it also seems to run fine at lower elevations. Im going to check my tb boots tonight.

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
Ok spent the last couple of hours messing with my sled. If i bypass the BD box I get 7 flashes of the check engine light. As soon as you plug the BD box in and start the sled no check engine light. After searching on here it appears to be a bad injector. Now the question is what injector? How hard is it to remove the bottom injectors? Is there aftermarket injectors or do you have to buy oem?

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
I would switch to a attitude 3.25 box there way easier to tune and they run all four injectors I had the same problem only having the box run two injectors could never get it to richen up and ran like crap on the bottom. You will be amazed the diffrence it makes!

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
I would switch to a attitude 3.25 box there way easier to tune and they run all four injectors I had the same problem only having the box run two injectors could never get it to richen up and ran like crap on the bottom. You will be amazed the diffrence it makes!

But according to the check engine light I still have a bad injector. So switching boxes really wont do much for me right now.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I wouldn't switch the boxes because like you said you have a bad injector not a bad box. Pull all four injectors and and have them flow check/replaced at the same time. There was a thread with links of who will check them for you. Oh, and bd boxes do control all the injectors FYI.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
The lower injectors are what the motor is running off of at low rpm's and that's where I had a broken wire. You can pull the injectors with the motor still bolted down you just need to remove the gas tank for easier access and shorten an allen wrench a little.

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
OK, so went out and messed around with it a few minutes ago. I unhooked the factory connector to the BD box and plugged it back into the ecu. Now no check engine. Could the BD box be messed up?

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
It could be, but seems more like maybe you have an intermittent injector. I have read of some having the wire rubbed through shorting out the injectors. Maybe check all your wires closely to make sure nothing has rubbed through. Did you try hooking the bd box back up and idling it?

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
Yeah, I switched them around a few times. I even had the wife come out and watch. I checked out my bypass jumper and made sure it wasn't the problem. I'm call BD today and see what they say.

R

rymo84

Sep 14, 2008
Iowa
same problem

would really like to know what you guy have figured out for a fix, mine is doing the same thing, and been thinking of trying the attitude box. i have put new tb boots,new reeds, and now new topend.

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
I need to try a new harness from BD and see if that will take care of the problem. I wont be able to go there until tuesday.

Premium Features