• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 E-TEC "Check Engine Light"

M
Nov 16, 2009
Missoula, Mt
Anyone else getting an intermitent "check engine light"? Has happened maybe 3 times, shut the sled off, restarted and good to go. Light and digital message goes away. Sled is bone stock 800 X, 261 miles, has done it since new?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Make sure your high low beam switch is not in the middle, ive heard of this, and seen it first hand ,and the switch was in the middle. Not saying this is the cure to your problem, but its something to check.

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
PROBABLY NEEDS NEW ECM FLASH!
REQUIRED
Updated B.U.D.S. S3.3.1 Version
PROCEDURE
B.U.D.S. Version Validation
In B.U.D.S., select Help, then About B.U.D.S..
PROBLEM
A-On some of the above described vehicles, the check engine light may activate and a P1621 fault code may be triggered.
B-Engine may run too rich at approximately 7800 RPM leading to engine misfiring or hesitation (all models except Freeride CAN/US and Summit CAN/US).
NOTE: Slight engine misfiring or hesitation are nor- mal during the break-in period.
SOLUTION
At PDI or at the next maintenance, update ECM software using a FC file

BRP is having dealers update sleds at first service or PDI it is not a recall or anything just a free flash at your dealer takes 10 minutes! the list includes lots of models.

M
Nov 16, 2009
Missoula, Mt
Thanks for the info. Will check into all of this. Sled does this just after start-up or shortly thereafter so I'm suspect of the dimmer switch but will talk to my dealer also. Thanks again.

doo181

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2008
North Idaho
If it is a new x model then the hi low light switch mentioned above may be your problem. If the black switch is rotated up then it may not go all the way to high beam position and be stuck in the middle. I rotated mine down so there is plenty of room. If stuck in the middle it sends a fault code due to perceived short and you get a check engine message.

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
thanks for the info remko.mine did it rite at 7800 rpm at 6000 ft. shut it off went away but came back. sled ran fine. i will be in for the reflash. do you still have syn, oil at $25 pre gallon?

K
Nov 10, 2011
Twin Falls,ID
I had this happen on my first ride on saturday. the check engine light came on. it seemed like it on came on when i let the machine idol. everything is stock except i put a mbrp can on it. but other than the check engine light comiing on the sled ran amazing.

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
If it does it at low idle the ecm gets low voltage and sends the fault code low bat.

doo181

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2008
North Idaho
I should have told the full story above. Check engine light was coming on. I took it to my dealer he put it on the computer and the engine light was coming on due to a short. He checked all connections. I went back out and the light still came on once in a while. When I shut it down and restarted it would go off. I made the adjustment I mentioned above and have ridden quite a bit with no check engine message.

R
Dec 11, 2007
edmonton
i got 250 kms stock made it 2 kms up trail and check engine light came on and sled went into limp mode couldnt get it out have to take it to dealer for fix sled seem to run fine but wouldnt run full out

Premium Features