• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 VS ProClimb 1100T

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I have not seen these direct questions asked

For those who ride an M1000 and have ridden the 1100T - How would you compare the following:

Front end feel - lighter or heavier than the M1000?

Side hilling - easier or harder than the M1000?

Chassis feel - better than M1000?

Clutching - this might be hard to answer because they are still prototypes - does the 1100T have the same bottom end snap that the M1000 has? I am assuming nobody has blown a belt on the demo rides???

Down hill U turn - easier or harder than an M1000?

Doughnuts - easier or harder than an M1000?

Boondocking - easier or harder than an M1000?

Hill Climb - I am going to assume the 1100T has this hands down

Reverse - does it work well? The 08 M1000 works about 30% of the time

Any other comparisons between an M1000 and 1100T are welcome. M8, Pol Pro and XP riders, please refrain

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Dave,

I read the Rasmussen post - he talks about the M1000 being heavy, and talks about the superior power to weight ratio of the new 1100T, but does not talk a lot about how the 1100T feels compared to the M1000. He kind of compares it to Apex's and Nytro's. I am hoping it does not handle like an Apex or Nytro!

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
He said it feels lighter than the yamaha's. I think the only comparison he refers to is the four stroke engine. I could be wrong, but that is how I read it.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I agree - he said they are lighter and have more power than the Yami's. I am used to and love my M1000. I did not like it when I first got it because it felt so much heavier than the M8. Now I would never go back. As long as the 1100T doesn't feel any heavier than the M1000 when riding it, I will be happy with it.

Still would like to have some direct comparisons for those that have ridden both.

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
In my short time on the 2012 1100T 162 it felt much smoother, the ride much more comfortable and plush. The chassis felt lighter and took less rider input IMO when throwing or managing the front end of the sled compared to my 2007 M1000 Sno-Pro 162 that I rode for 5 seasons. :nod:

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
hard to tell then every rider is different.

I have not seen these direct questions asked

For those who ride an M1000 and have ridden the 1100T - How would you compare the following:

Front end feel - lighter or heavier than the M1000? 1100 feels different, the whole sled feels different as the old 1000.

Side hilling - easier or harder than the M1000? good qestion, i think it feels better with 38", on the 1100 you should figure out how to work with the throttle, very good response at sidehilling if you keep the turbo spinning.

Chassis feel - better than M1000? better, much better. you get a feeling to control the sled and not that the sled is controlling you.

Clutching - this might be hard to answer because they are still prototypes - does the 1100T have the same bottom end snap that the M1000 has? I am assuming nobody has blown a belt on the demo rides??? NO. there is definitely a lot of space for the aftermarket people making a good clutch. 1100 feels very soft. so you definitely need to figure yout a perfect combo for you (spring, helix, ....)

Down hill U turn - easier or harder than an M1000? easier then on the old m8

Doughnuts - easier or harder than an M1000? it is a throttle game, but in nice deep, it is really easy job.

Boondocking - easier or harder than an M1000? with 38" easy. really easy. i love it

Hill Climb - I am going to assume the 1100T has this hands down. it is perfect, just keep the throttle, no power loosing at all. i think 1100 it is a new king on the mountain

Reverse - does it work well? The 08 M1000 works about 30% of the time. good question, i ride it always forward.

Any other comparisons between an M1000 and 1100T are welcome. M8, Pol Pro and XP riders, please refrain

hard to tell, then every rider is different, i personally like the 1100 more then the 800 or 1000. my ride stile is deep and hillclimbing and for both i love the 1100. but for the tech riding people i am not sure how they handle it.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
going from m1000 to 1100 will be like going from xp or pro to m1000.50?more #s up front.imo your going to feel that on the deep hills but maybe not on the meadows

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Good???, But when I think m1000, I think of at least one with a pipe and suspension work, other wise its not much better than a m8. I have my 09 modded to be lighter, suspension is way better, and a full pipe, intake etc...
It does all the stuff you mentioned very well, (way better than in stock form) The m11T will have a lot more power but the weight is what gets me. I have mine at least 100lbs lighter than the crate weight on the m11t. I would think it will handle better but get stuck easier at low speeds, but it may just take a different riding style and get the same job done. Why can't we get some demo rides.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
hard to tell then every rider is different.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to all of the questions. This gives me some idea of what to expect and where my time is going to be spent on improving upon what Cat has done.

Would you say the clutching being soft is more due to turbo lag or just poor clutching?

I have to imagine if the sled can do down hill u turns and doughnuts easier than an M8, then it will be an awesome boondocking machine. Hell, an M7 is an awesome boondocking machine which feels like it has a big turbo on it with its laggy power delivery.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
It should not be laggy. it is front mount with a relatively small turbo. They are just softer than 2 strokes because they engage so much lower rpm, because they can. you can have a 4 stroke engage at 2500 rpm and be no big deal do that with a 2 stroke and it will be bad. Up the engagement on the 4 stroke and you will destroy belts fast because of the torque. But I would imagine there will be a happy medium found.

I really wanna leave me m1100 turbo stock but a clutch kit and muff is still stock right? I don't think the wife would agree but it is far more stock then my current sled.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I really wanna leave me m1100 turbo stock but a clutch kit and muff is still stock right? I don't think the wife would agree but it is far more stock then my current sled.

I know right? i'll tell u what, selling your wife on this crap can be more work than boondocking a 4stroke.

I still can't decide what I want to do....switch my order to the 4 banger or stick with the 800. I want the power, I want the flickability, I want green, no orange, no green, no..........

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I still can't decide what I want to do....switch my order to the 4 banger or stick with the 800. I want the power, I want the flickability, I want green, no orange, no green, no..........

Sam where you from? I really think this sled is going to be nice in its stock form. I think it will boondock nice and will keep up with the other guys. I think with a few extras, like a new muffler it will not even be comparable. The wieght may have a little learning curve to it but really it is almost 60 more hp than the m8 and ski doo at 10000ft and almost 80 more than the poo and yamaha. Back when I rode the nytro for the first time at 10000 ft I said i didn't think it felt heavy just underpowered. Well this is lighter than the nytro and has 80 hp more at 10000ft and has proven 4 stroke reliabilty i want. That is what has me sold. In the morn when everyone else is out putting oil in the 2 strokes I can be in the cabin being warm.

I wonder what the proclimb m800 weighs with electric start? I bet at lest 20 lbs heavier. So if the m8 is at 468 it just became 488. So the 1100 turbo is within 70 lbs of the m800. Power to weight the m1100 has it beat buy nearly .8 hp more per lb at elevation. That is considerable.

I think the m800 or the m1100turbo a guy can't go wrong and really the m1100 nat aspirated will be slick too! I just don't think a guy can go wrong with this line up. Just pick your flavor of cat. Just like at a chinese resturant! Lol

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
poor clutching.

is the only point on the stock sled.

but anyway. it need a standalone ecu with fixed map on bottom and mid range

Thanks for taking the time to respond to all of the questions. This gives me some idea of what to expect and where my time is going to be spent on improving upon what Cat has done.

Would you say the clutching being soft is more due to turbo lag or just poor clutching?

I have to imagine if the sled can do down hill u turns and doughnuts easier than an M8, then it will be an awesome boondocking machine. Hell, an M7 is an awesome boondocking machine which feels like it has a big turbo on it with its laggy power delivery.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I haven't ridden the PC11T, but I've owned a lot of M sleds, including 2 1000s. A 2 stroke and a 4 stroke will be different in all of these categories, add boost and it changes it even more. I hope Cat has gone in the right direction. I just wish they had brought a finished sled to the table for Spring demo. I will never buy a new sled I haven't ridden first.

Last edited:
J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
My guess is the slow response to throttle on the demo 11t's will disappear when you pull the exhuast off it and put on a free flow muffler or straight pipe.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Sam where you from? I really think this sled is going to be nice in its stock form. I think it will boondock nice and will keep up with the other guys. I think with a few extras, like a new muffler it will not even be comparable. The wieght may have a little learning curve to it but really it is almost 60 more hp than the m8 and ski doo at 10000ft and almost 80 more than the poo and yamaha. Back when I rode the nytro for the first time at 10000 ft I said i didn't think it felt heavy just underpowered. Well this is lighter than the nytro and has 80 hp more at 10000ft and has proven 4 stroke reliabilty i want. That is what has me sold. In the morn when everyone else is out putting oil in the 2 strokes I can be in the cabin being warm.

I wonder what the proclimb m800 weighs with electric start? I bet at lest 20 lbs heavier. So if the m8 is at 468 it just became 488. So the 1100 turbo is within 70 lbs of the m800. Power to weight the m1100 has it beat buy nearly .8 hp more per lb at elevation. That is considerable.

I think the m800 or the m1100turbo a guy can't go wrong and really the m1100 nat aspirated will be slick too! I just don't think a guy can go wrong with this line up. Just pick your flavor of cat. Just like at a chinese resturant! Lol

I am just south of New Ulm....

I am leaning more and more towards the 1100t. The unknown makes me nervous....I am going to look at them again at the show in Brooklyn Center this weekend. and then decide.

What does a high flow muffler run($$$) for these things?

Premium Features