• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Boost-It controller release!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i like that you can log the a/f # cause i cant hardly watch my gauge as is its like trying to read & ride a bull:Di cant beleave how much more power my sled has now no need for more than 15-17lbs boost just crazy fast.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
i like that you can log the a/f # cause i cant hardly watch my gauge as is its like trying to read & ride a bull:Di cant beleave how much more power my sled has now no need for more than 15-17lbs boost just crazy fast.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap
haha, ya well you sound like the 50 + other guys that have installed this system. I never run over 16 lbs anymore and I still can't believe how fast it is. I blew up the two left finger chutes in Turtle on Sunday like they were practice chutes, and the snow was pretty soft.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Just a quick update. We have been shipping the new kits like mad! We have even found time to install a couple.
This sled would hardly run when it came in, and now it runs amazing. I almost flipped it over backwards in my yard last night!:face-icon-small-coo. The throttle response is amazing and the on off throttle is just like stock.
We added a few goodies while it was in the shop.

DSCN0703.jpg DSCN0706.jpg DSCN0709.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
The Apex kits are shipping as well.
If anyone was on my list, and was never contacted, please let me know, as the list is huge!
Here is one going tomorrow!

DSCN0701.jpg DSCN0700.jpg DSCN0698.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Was doing more testing on the Apex on the weekend, and had it running great with the new controller. There is a bit of fine tuning to do, but overall it is great. Duke took some vid Sunday at Turtle. My first pass up one of the chutes I had a little pop, so looked down and my A/F's were at 11. So no problem getting tons of fuel. I adjusted it in about 30 seconds for the next run and it was perfect.
This vid is best in HD.
http://www.youtube.com/user/adrenalineaddiction?feature=mhum

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Awesome video. The apex is making some serious speed.
Ya it was working pretty good. I will probably crank it past 17 lbs one of these days. If the MC Nytro was making 270, then my Apex was making 370.lol (sorry Jimmy):face-icon-small-win
Scooter was riding my kids Nytro with the first gen dial box on it at 17 lbs.
I actually have some used dial boxes if someone is looking to try this system, but does not want to pay up for a new one.

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
Here is the last cool thing that we have been working on. This new controller will datalog and replay the log in 250 rpm increments with a A/F display. You can then trim the fuel more or less in that window to compensate for rich or lean spots. It might not be for everyone...but it is nice for fine tuning the map.
These pictures do not show a 02 number because the log only displays after the sled has come off of boost and is still running. The blanks are on the screen where the 02 numbers would be displayed.

Oh and a new toy we just picked up for testing!:face-icon-small-sho

Neil - how are the 2 stoke applications coming along?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Neil - how are the 2 stoke applications coming along?
Well I rode the Pro Rmk yesterday and so far it seems fine. I never rode it far or hard yet.
The controller seems to be adding fuel normally and the tach readout and A/F readout on the controller is bang on with the AEM wideband and the factory tach. I will start doing some datalog runs now and enable the lean warn feature so it will add fuel if it goes lean.
The Datalog will help me dial it in fairly quickly and show me any lean or rich spots which I should be able to tune out.
I just can't get used to all the vibration of this 2 stroke yet.:face-icon-small-ton

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
You've tested on a S/C Nytro what about a S/C Apex. Would be interested.

We did a S/C Apex and it ran perfect. E&S Motorsports in Fort Sask has done another one since.
No one has tried the new controller on one yet though.

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
I do not like this Boost-it.............:face-icon-small-hap

First, boost has to be turned down as Im over revving alot.
Used to run 16 psi and now at 13 psi Im still above 9k rpms.

Adding weight in the primary to try and fix this.:face-icon-small-coo LOL

P1000603.jpg

P1000614.jpg

P1000625.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I do not like this Boost-it.............:face-icon-small-hap

First, boost has to be turned down as Im over revving alot.
Used to run 16 psi and now at 13 psi Im still above 9k rpms.

Adding weight in the primary to try and fix this.:face-icon-small-coo LOL

thats pretty awsome..

neil, you got a great thing going, these turbo yamaha's seem to love never ending amounts of fuel...

and zipperno having to drop 3# of boost and pulling the same weight.. thats crazy to think it could run that much better, but thats one of those things, what kinda clutching it pulls at lower boost is pretty hard to say its something else at work.. they just WORK.:thumb:

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Just finished my Boost-it install on my T-Nytro. I will hopefully get it on the snow tomorrow!! I'll report after a good rip:face-icon-small-coo

Here's a few pics of the install (sorry for the crappy iPhone pics)

We're doing sales and installs in the Calgary area ...PM if interested

Thanks for everything Neil

Cheers,

Kevin
HRT Offroad

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

Last edited:

partsman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver B.C.
How does the new controler compare to the old dial controler.I have an old style controler and wonder if a new one is a upgrade.
Thanks steve

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
So...here's the finished product...Can't wait to get it out for a rip...didn't have a chance to get out today...got a little OCD in the shop:D:D

Thanks Neil...for a great product!!

you will love it make sure you bring extra clutch weight or be prepared to turn your boost down:heh: it will pull that much harder.my sled at 16lbs now is:scared: thats all i can say:face-icon-small-hap

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
For anyone looking, its the best money I have spent on a fuel box... it flat works day in and day out....Havent had to touch the box in 10 rides..its running soo gooood. I managed to rip the chaincase chain in half in the trees... hard to imagine....

Premium Features