• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest's 2011 project sled - Project Mid-Life Crisis (Update- MTN TAMER install)

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
We picked up our Pro RMK 155 today and will begin the tear down to get it ready for the Salt Lake and Boise snow shows, where most of the build will take place.

I'm going to try to keep this thread updated with everything we do to the sled from now until it's finished or I get sidetracked, whichever happens first. Oooh, I have The Event on dvr...

See? So to state the obvious, here's the sled in the truck this afternoon after picking it up at Rexburg Motor Sports.

IMG_1834.jpg

We'll spend the weekend removing a few parts for powder coating and throwing on the black side panels for the wrap.

A Boondocker pump gas turbo will go on during the Intermountain Snowmobile Show in Salt Lake in a couple weeks, along with the clutching. We'll also have one side of the sled done in the ArcticFX wrap for the SLC show.

At the Idaho Snowmobile Show in Boise next month, we'll do the Ice Age rear suspension, Holz front end and Fox shocks.

We'll also be doing the seat, skis, handlebars and a few other parts that haven't been pinned down yet.

Feel free to offer up any good names for the project. Steve's idea was Project Booster Seat. My idea doesn't exist yet but it's better than that...

If you're going to the Intermountain Snowmobile Show in Salt Lake October 22-23, here's a tentative schedule for building this sled during the show.

Friday afternoon:

* ArcticFX wrap install--left side (Dan Adams)

Friday evening:

* "Two Guys, Two Hours" Boondocker pump gas turbo install (Jared Sessions & Tony Jenkins). Boondocker's objective is to have two techs do a complete install in two hours, during the show.

Saturday:

* Holz Racing front control arms--left side
* Fox Float Evol shocks--left side
* Starting Line Products Powder Pro skis
* Skinz Protective Gear AirFrame seat and front and rear bumper install (Jeff Hawksworth)

Last edited:

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Hood foam gone and headlight removed. The hood and sidepanel foam weighed 2 lbs, while the headlight unit weighed 3 lbs. The gauge is still in place and will remain functional.

IMG_1853.jpg

Pipe out for front bumper removal.

IMG_1854.jpg

Four rivets need drilled for removal and to remove the rubber shrouds.

IMG_1855.jpg

Bumper off and ready for powder coating.

IMG_1858.jpg

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Talked with Jeff at Skinz today and will be installing an AirFrame seat and front and rear bumpers during the Salt Lake snow show.

Also confirmed we will be running Starting Line Powder Pro skis. We'll also play with the SLT ski. Hard to guess which ski is going to do what under the new chassis.

Should have the parts back from Ace Powder Coating tomorrow. I'll post some more pics then.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Obviously time for me to upgrade my camera!
Need better Lighting and MUCH better Lenses!

Your photos look so much better than mine!! :face-icon-small-hap

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Is this the skid you you'll be using.... that thing was light... like 28lbs.

What track are you going to use?

Jack Struthers has been raving about the Power claw, which you are already used to, on his turbo builds... Also, Camoplast has the new style Challenger Extreme 2.5 in a 153 length (I'd go with Robbies new drivers though)

IceAgeforsw.jpg

slc_show_09_4.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
HAHA. I find poetic humor in your disassembling, and the parts and tools sitting there "posing" for the pics HAHAHA.

As for a name...Well, Rob is using Pro-Fection. Can't use that one.

What about Project Pro-Rated? Think about that one for a minute. There are double meanings to that one. LOL

How about Pro-Create? HAHAHAHA

Recently Steve had Rev-alation...
You could go Anti-Steve and call it Pro-Fane or Pro-Fanity.

Pro-Fuse. (look that one up in teh dictionary.
ProKtology.
Pro-Bably
Pro-Cure
Pro-Curable
Pro-Claim
Pro-boscis HAHAHA
Pro-Bation
Pro-Digy

I was thinking of making this dude my avatar this week also. LMFAO!!!
image.php

I know that pic...it was in Sports Illustrated this last week. LMFAO. THAT was freakin hillarious. NO WAY that dude is for real. That was definately a separte story within a story....or else...picture within a picture.

HAHAHA

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Ryan....

It will be great to see the progress.

Sounds like your sled will be similar to Adams sled this year except for the Fox's and the Timbersled parts.

It will be great to ride with you again in Alpine this year!

Last edited:

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Is this the skid you you'll be using.... that thing was light... like 28lbs.

What track are you going to use?

Jack Struthers has been raving about the Power claw, which you are already used to, on his turbo builds... Also, Camoplast has the new style Challenger Extreme 2.5 in a 153 length (I'd go with Robbies new drivers though)

Not sure on the skid, Eric. Ice Age is showing up with something for it in Boise next month, ans we will be as surprised as anyone to see what Mike brings.

We've talked about a Power Claw, it's an option we may play with at some point. The Series 5.1 is pretty functional under this chassis from the time we spent riding it Jan-Mar and once in June.

Thanks for posting the pics of the Ice Age skid, pretty trick.

Last edited:

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
HAHA. I find poetic humor in your disassembling, and the parts and tools sitting there "posing" for the pics HAHAHA.

I swear, I left them exactly how they fell off...

As for a name...Well, Rob is using Pro-Fection. Can't use that one.

What about Project Pro-Rated? Think about that one for a minute. There are double meanings to that one. LOL

Does that mean I get a refund if we only get half a snow season again?

How about Pro-Create? HAHAHAHA

Recently Steve had Rev-alation...
You could go Anti-Steve and call it Pro-Fane or Pro-Fanity.

Actually, you might be onto something. Pro-Moses?

Pro-Fuse. (look that one up in teh dictionary.
ProKtology.
Pro-Bably
Pro-Cure
Pro-Curable
Pro-Claim
Pro-boscis HAHAHA
Pro-Bation
Pro-Digy

I was thinking of making this dude my avatar this week also. LMFAO!!!
image.php

I know that pic...it was in Sports Illustrated this last week. LMFAO. THAT was freakin hillarious. NO WAY that dude is for real. That was definately a separte story within a story....or else...picture within a picture.

HAHAHA

Yeah, freaking hilarious. I read he's a banker or something from London, dressed up in honor of one of his favorite golfers or something... He could not have planned a better outcome.

http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-palm-springs/identity-of-cigar-guy-famous-ryder-cup-photo-finally-revealed

Last edited:

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Powder coated parts, minus the Skinz bumpers and seat (which were dropped off at Ace Powder Coating today. I laid these out like this just for Scott..

DSC_9858.jpg

Holz arms

DSC_9861.jpg

The multi-talented Garth at Ace showed me these wheels he was playing with to try some new colors with the black frost coat he's doing now. And then he talked me into putting them on my truck for a while. So if you see some weirdo driving around with red wheels, wave.

DSC_9871copy.jpg

Premium Features