• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOOST-IT FUEL SYSTEMS

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Ordered a Boost It fuel system for my Nytro last week.........I was itching for the first ride before but now its even worse!!!!!

Big thank you to NM for answering all my questions and also to Greg and Dean at Alpine Motorsports for everything they've done.

Can't wait to get out and rip it!!!!!

:beer;:beer;:beer;

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I think i know!! :face-icon-small-win

Judging by the angle and location of the injector bosses, it looks like said mystery sled has no radiator? Or are you just removing the foam and cutting the plastic at the bottom of the rad?
Rad still on. Just needs a slight mod to the plastic. Should have more pics soon.

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
Have you tested or do you have anyone with a PL kit that is leaving the RB3 on for timing control but using your kit for fuel? I would be interested to hear if it helps reduce any low RPM lag and if pulling timing at higher boost works better than with the factory timing.

Also, what fuel pressure regulator do you recommend for your kit? I know it is 1:1 but which one do you prefer?

Thanks.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Have you tested or do you have anyone with a PL kit that is leaving the RB3 on for timing control but using your kit for fuel? I would be interested to hear if it helps reduce any low RPM lag and if pulling timing at higher boost works better than with the factory timing.

Also, what fuel pressure regulator do you recommend for your kit? I know it is 1:1 but which one do you prefer?

Thanks.
A few guys have talked about it, so I'm sure someone will try it. It may or may not make a diff.
I use Malpassi regulators. Not sure if they are better or worse than any other, but it's just what I am familiar with.

These kits will be on display and installed on a sled or two at the Alpine Motorsport booth in Edmonton this weekend. They will also have some there for sale if someone wants to grab a kit.
NM

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Do you have any pics of the smaller injector/boss assembly? How much smaller/shorter is it than the one you have pictured?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Do you have any pics of the smaller injector/boss assembly? How much smaller/shorter is it than the one you have pictured?
I don't have the exact measurements, but here is a side by side comparison. The smaller boss will be flat across the bottom instead of tapered like in the pic. I should have them soon.
NM

2bosses.jpg

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I don't have the exact measurements, but here is a side by side comparison. The smaller boss will be flat across the bottom instead of tapered like in the pic. I should have them soon.
NM

Thanks for the pics. I would actually prefer if the smaller ones were tapered at the end as pictured. Would you be able to offer them that way as well?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Thanks for the pics. I would actually prefer if the smaller ones were tapered at the end as pictured. Would you be able to offer them that way as well?
Looks like it should be no problem. I will advise when I have them. I think the Apex guys are going to like these, when a kit gets released. Or maybe a kit will never be released for the Apex!:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-ton

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Looks like it should be no problem. I will advise when I have them. I think the Apex guys are going to like these, when a kit gets released. Or maybe a kit will never be released for the Apex!:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-ton

Cool, would give more versatility in terms of placement. Your stuff looks great Neil.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Hey now, thats not nice !!
I can see the post already.

We have found in testing that the Apex kit works unreal to supply proper fueling for high boost applications. In fact it works so good that there will not be a kit released this season. If you don't have already...than to bad!:lol:

C

canuck5

Aug 25, 2009
Sylvan Lake AB
A few guys have talked about it, so I'm sure someone will try it. It may or may not make a diff.
I use Malpassi regulators. Not sure if they are better or worse than any other, but it's just what I am familiar with.

These kits will be on display and installed on a sled or two at the Alpine Motorsport booth in Edmonton this weekend. They will also have some there for sale if someone wants to grab a kit.
NM

Im also a PL guy who would like a different fuel system, so if your could elaborate for us what would we all have to change to use your system in your opinion?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Im also a PL guy who would like a different fuel system, so if your could elaborate for us what would we all have to change to use your system in your opinion?
You need stock injectors, and a 1:1 fuel regulator. I think all the PL guys have the fuel pump upgrade.
There will be a PL kit that will include everything you need. I should have something within 2 weeks. There is no problem running the rad, you just have to run fuel lines around it because you will be running a complete flow through fuel system. The fuel routing will all depend on where the pump is mounted and what tank you have. With a flow through system, it's just a matter of running fuel through both rails and returning it to the tank. I will provide all fittings needed.

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
You need stock injectors, and a 1:1 fuel regulator. I think all the PL guys have the fuel pump upgrade.
There will be a PL kit that will include everything you need. I should have something within 2 weeks. There is no problem running the rad, you just have to run fuel lines around it because you will be running a complete flow through fuel system. The fuel routing will all depend on where the pump is mounted and what tank you have. With a flow through system, it's just a matter of running fuel through both rails and returning it to the tank. I will provide all fittings needed.

Thought Id let ya know all the new PL kits use a flow through fuel system. Mine was the first customer sled done. They had vapour lock problems from what Ive heard with the dead head system. Plus there is way less load on the fuel pump now.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Thought Id let ya know all the new PL kits use a flow through fuel system. Mine was the first customer sled done. They had vapour lock problems from what Ive heard with the dead head system. Plus there is way less load on the fuel pump now.
I did know that they are finally doing this...but all the kits out there now do not have this feature.
Let me know when you want a fuel system.:face-icon-small-win

H
Nov 10, 2009
Denver

So, trying to understand this fuel system. Is the flow sequence as follows?.....Tank, pump,OEM fuel rail, Aux injectors, and then a fuel regulator with a return to tank?

Premium Features