• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New fuel system testing.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
This sled is almost ready to go for this weekend. This will be the first Apex with this system and it will be interesting how it runs with extra injectors. I am trying two different size injectors and will just change them on the hill. The first set would be suitable for up to about 320 hp and the second set would be good for up to about 420 hp.
I know the Nytro works unreal with this system and I expect the Apex will work even better.:face-icon-small-hap

sled 011.jpg sled 012.jpg sled 013.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I have sold a 2 injector system to a guy who is going to try it with a XP turbo. I think he is going to love how easy it will be to dial the fuel in no matter what the conditions.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
HOw does the hood/headlight fit on with those injectors sticking up like that?
Aren't you worried about the sled landing on the injectors?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
HOw does the hood/headlight fit on with those injectors sticking up like that?
Aren't you worried about the sled landing on the injectors?
Pretty sure a stock headlight won't fit regardless. I'm not to worried about the injectors or intercooler being damaged from a rollover in snow, but I suppose a rock or something may do some damage. The injectors are mounted at about 15 deg in to the intake but realistically could be mounted up to 45 deg or so. I considered mounting them in the front of the tank, but they look more sporty where I put them.:face-icon-small-coo

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Timing

What about cam timing when you change over to your stand alone system? I run a PL system stage 3 with the Rb3. Will the current timing set-up be ok? How do these injectors fit under the Nytro plastics?

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
This sled is almost ready to go for this weekend. This will be the first Apex with this system and it will be interesting how it runs with extra injectors. I am trying two different size injectors and will just change them on the hill. The first set would be suitable for up to about 320 hp and the second set would be good for up to about 420 hp.
I know the Nytro works unreal with this system and I expect the Apex will work even better.:face-icon-small-hap

what kind of boost are you running to get 320 or 420 hp

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
What about cam timing when you change over to your stand alone system? I run a PL system stage 3 with the Rb3. Will the current timing set-up be ok? How do these injectors fit under the Nytro plastics?
I have never tried to mess with timing on any of my sleds. Have 10000 kms and have never had a problem.
It fits much better in the Nytro than in my Apex. No problem at all.

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
that is how i took that, are you running stock fuel pressure with the 42lbs injectors. or are you using 1:1reg

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
hey neil why the two ajustment knobs do they ajust differnt ranges & what are you running for secondary injectors on the nytro.you should throw up those nytro pics you sent me i would put them up but dont have accsess to my home email at work.it almost looks like it has a built in a/f gauge to or are those lights for something else,looks good i will be getting one from you after summer.:face-icon-small-hap

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta

so how did it work , lets see some video:face-icon-small-hap

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
hey neil why the two ajustment knobs do they ajust differnt ranges & what are you running for secondary injectors on the nytro.you should throw up those nytro pics you sent me i would put them up but dont have accsess to my home email at work.it almost looks like it has a built in a/f gauge to or are those lights for something else,looks good i will be getting one from you after summer.:face-icon-small-hap
The knob on the left adjusts at what amount of boost the box starts to add fuel. This can change day to day depending on snow conditions and engine load, and is the reason MCexpress sleds have a bad roll on stumble some days and next to none on others. The other knob is simply adjusting duty cycle of the injectors for more or less fuel. I did some testing yesterday in Revy and will have the details later. It is interesting how much different the Apex and Nytro are to tune. The Apex wants fuel as soon as boost comes on and the Nytro likes extra fuel at between 3-5 lbs boost depending on snow conditions.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
After looking at this much closer, those boxes look exactly like SDS EIC controllers.
What gives?
http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html
Good find, they look that way because that is exactly what they are. I did remove the SDS sticker out of courtesy to them so they would not be bombarded by phone calls. The owner of SDS and I have an agreement that I sell and distribute the boxes for use in snowmobiles. Because they have no experience with snowmobiles, and really have no desire to learn about them, they have left it to me for testing and setup of this system for snowmobile use. When I sell the boxes, injectors, etc., the install instructions have SDS written all over them and I then include some other parts and instructions how to set this box up for snowmobile use. SDS has been excellent to work with and have years of fuel injection experience. This is the reason I bought their system, and when I discovered how good they worked, I thought I would give other people the opportunity to enjoy the simplicity of tuning and full potential of their own turbo kit. I am not getting rich doing it, and if I find it's too much of a pain in the ***, then I wont' sell them at all. The group I ride with will all have them though, and all of our sleds will run good all of the time.:face-icon-small-hap
Cheers

Premium Features