• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

idle problem

V
Jan 10, 2010
I have an 01 500 XC SP. whenever I start it up it will only run on one cylinder. when I get the rpm's up it runs on both cylinders and sounds great, it seems to me as if one of them is not getting enough fuel, not sure how to sync my carbs. just took aprat and cleand my carbs this morning. or maybe its another problem. any help would be great thanks

Z
Dec 28, 2009
libby,mt
I just had the same issues with my sled and my carbs were way outta sync. pull your air box so you can see slides and pull throttle to see if slides are moving evenly, if not thats your problem. if so do some searching or call a dealer to to see what clearance at bottom of slide should be at idle mine was .193 then get a drill bit that size and turn your cables up or down till you get correct clearence on both carbs. make sure slides bottom out on idle screw. then pull throttle slowly and watch that the slides come up evenly.might take a while to get it perfect but its not as hard as it might sound. hope that helps.

D

dlysne

Dec 22, 2010
veeder,

Any update on this? Did you get it fixed? My son's 2000 500 rmk is doing the same thing. I have torn the carbs completey apart and cleaned, but didn't fix. going to check the reeds in the morning.

Premium Features