• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Controllers.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
As fuel injection becomes the norm on our play toys it seems the addition of a fuel controller is almost a necessity. We no longer can change jetting to correct factory tuning designed to meet EPA regulations.
Depending on altitude and numerous other ever changing conditions it is nice to have that ability.We are even seeing the addition of a fuel controller replace more lost HP than adding a pipe!
I know my 08d8 ran extremely rich when I first got it. To the point that it actually made me take notice of the amount of fuel it was using. In 09 I added a Skinz Airframe hood and suddenly my plugs looked nice and I was getting great MPG. :D It was odd yes and I can't explain it other than under hood heat must have been messing with something.
My point is it would have been nice to be able to adjust fuel to correct the issue. This year I will be adding a fuel controller from Crazy Mountain Extreme created in conjunction with Dobeck Performance.
I know the current hot setup is the PCV and PCIII with the most available maps. Boondocker also makes a box.
To better inform everyone so they can decide what they want to use post up what you are using now and the benefits and drawbacks if any.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
attitude?

How about the attitude series 3.5 % based fuel controller. + or - fuel easily. They have awesome customer service, alot of knowledge, and most importantly ride in the mountains, not in NY at sealevel. I might be old school but I have always had better luck with products that are r&d in similar riding conditions to what I want to do. I am afraid all these dyno generated maps might not be so great in the mountains of the west.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
There is a good PCV thread going on now in the Performance section.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185109

thefullmonte -> I wonder if the additional air from the hood leaned you out (or lessened your richness) just enough? The problem is that the fuel changes need to be managed at different throttle positions. That's where the fuel controllers help out.

dragonfire

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Fargo,N.D.
fuel controller choices

I started out with the Pure -logic box and it is simple to use if you are adding fuel but taking fuel away is not as easy,also you have to hard wire it in. I run the pc3 because it plugs in to your ecu very easy and it is simple to use and is capable of adjusting fuel at every 250 RPM and at 9 different throttle positions.pc3 or pc5 is accurate and precise also sold by SLP for the mountian applications,or by Dynotech in New York. Both are great to work with. I have no experience with Boondocker but I am sure that works good also.If you have problems with a fuel box it is nice to be able to unplug it and send in verses cutting wires and reconnecting again.I also noticed that with the pc3 that once I established a good map it stayed consistent and I didn't have to mess with it anymore. Remember these are all nothing more than electronic jet wrenches and some just do it better than others.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
iF I understand the PCV with auto tune ,,you hook up an 02 sensor set your desired 02 and drive it??? if so I want one !!!!

Premium Features