• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: Coming Attractions on SnoWest.

R
Sep 9, 2001
Boise, Idaho
I also belong to the RZRFORUM.COM and they have a similar program with many more options than Snowest site offers. It has member/Moderator's and there is a lot less B.S. Good luck on your new challenge.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
just skimming through the list not sure if on there

but

what about being able to click on a users name and view their photos/vids?
When you click on the User Name it should take you to their info page. If they have an album, that should be displayed, if that is not happening yet, it will be.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I also belong to the RZRFORUM.COM and they have a similar program with many more options than Snowest site offers. It has member/Moderator's and there is a lot less B.S. Good luck on your new challenge.
I figure its going to take me till December to get most of this stuff installed and running.

So give me a few months and you will see more and more goodies appearing each week.

I also hang out on the RZR forum as I have two of the "S" type RZRs in my drive way.

razor.jpg

R
Sep 9, 2001
Boise, Idaho
I figure its going to take me till December to get most of this stuff installed and running.

So give me a few months and you will see more and more goodies appearing each week.

I also hang out on the RZR forum as I have two of the "S" type RZRs in my drive way.

razor.jpg

I saw your pictures on there! I am Idaho-RZR on that forum.
So when I come to St. Anthony you going to show me around?
Will the moderator job description be posted?

S
Automatically PM a user when moderation action is taken on a thread they own

That's an excellent idea, a real "I'd like to see this on other forums" one at that. First of all, it should cut out the "what happened to my thread" type questions getting posted all the time. Particularly when you want moderators moving threads to appropriate forums for the topic. Second, considering the plan for a pile of moderators, giving people a record of what happened to their thread could really help to also give some accountability if a mod abuses their post.

At first I was a bit worried about the plan for a bajillion forums and a bajillion moderators, but the overall plan laid out here does look pretty good.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
God I do not envy you for that job!!!!!! :)
It will be a mixed bag to be sure.

But it needs to be done if we want to get SnoWest to where it ought to be.

have a GOOD TEAM of well trained Moderators will make a HUGE difference on how well these forums operate when we bring in 15-20,000 active members.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That is a GREAT little mod.

If a Moderator or Admin TOUCHES your post, then a PM is automatically generated and sent to you letting you know WHAT was done and WHY it was done.

Even if we just go in to edit your spelling mistake or to reformat your post without changing ANY of the content.

And thanks for having the faith that what I have planned REALLY will make this place ROCK like no other Snowmobile site in the world.

There is a HUGE amount of work to be done in the next few months, but the payoff will be awesome when its all finished.!

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
thanks again chris! this forum should be awesome when all is said and done.

oh and i like your avatar :D

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thread Drift is one of the PRIMARY reasons to have MODERATORS on a forum.

#1.
Make sure the thread is in the correct Forum.

#2.
Make sure that long threads get "Pruned" when the Subject no longer matches content.

#3.
Make sure the content is appropriate for SnoWest.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Looking forward to the changes, you have your work cut out for you!

As a moderator on another site that also gets real busy come winter, it is not always a fun job.

Good luck with everything! Sxrlar.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Most of the time being an Admin on a forum like this ROCKS. Only once in a while do you really get into serious confrontations with people.

For the most part, SnoWest members are GREAT PEOPLE who have a real love/passion for this sport, and that makes it pretty easy to ride heard.

But...
These are the summer doldrums.
From here on I am told to expect 200-300% increase in daily traffic till we peak sometime in January.

And if I do "my" job properly, I should be able to push those numbers even higher by bringing in more people that were here last year.

The GOAL is to make SnoWest the #1 Snomobile forum on the internet!

It has the potential, my job is to give it the ability.

Premium Features