• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05' 900 Adjustable Handlebar Delete

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Quote DeepWayOut:
I heard about a delete for the adjustable handbars on the 05-06 RMK 900 that saves 20-30 pounds. I cant seem to find any info out about this and am wondering if it even exists. Let me know guys, and if it does, Where and from whom could I get it?

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
If you are just looking to delete it you can doo it yourself for round 25 bux. I will post a template full scale and the 3 part #'s required to make this.

Here is the one you can make yourself its very simple,greasable and can be made with simple jig saw and flat aluminum. The only part that is complex is the shaft holder and that can be bought at Polaris cheap. You will need to order a #5133648 and 2 #5432785. I am posting pictures and am trying to get template to post in actual size so you can just print it and cut it out. Problems I am having is so far when I print it it gets slightly resized. I will get that fixed and post it asap.
IMG_9828.jpg

IMG_9829.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Timbersled was the only one that had the complete rider select delte kit that actually got rid of the 2 piece post with universal joint in it. It was avail ONLY for the 2005... You may still be able to get one from Timbersled on special request.... price back then was like $375.

The Timbersled complete rider select saved like 6 lbs.

IT IS NO LONGER ON THEIR WEBSITE.... You would have to call them for more info.

The weak part of the Rider-Select from Polaris is the flimsy plastic adjuster that would break on these in hard hits, rollovers and yanking on the bars...plus they did not give very good support to the tube.

Polzinhunter on the forum here makes a TOP NOTCH Rider select delete with info in this post.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152846

polzin1.jpg

polzin2.jpg

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
If you like working with materials, I made mine for about 6bucks. I welded up some 1/8 inch steel and went to the local plastics store and got a block of uhdp(ultra high density plastic I think?) split it in 2, core out a 1" diameter hole and then drilled 4 holes in that, made an aluminum front plate for the 4 stainless steel bolts to go through, and mounted it to the tube frame. Mind you I had the steel and bolts kickin around my shop, it might coast 20 bucks total, and a whole amount of fun fabricating it up!! The finished product was awesome. Super stiff, with zero play in the column. Polzin's kit looks pretty trick too though. If I were to buy one, that would be the one. But why not make it yourself?

h1.jpg h2.jpg h3.jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
MH,

I bought mine through Holz for my 06 900's. I'm not sure if their still making them anymore though.

I think I am the only one making them in quanity right now . I needed one and no one was making them so I did! I've seen the holz piece on this site but never in person! How much was it ? All others the others where $50-70.00 more than the what I charge .At $100.00 shipped I think my kits are a good value and IMO are superior to anything previously offered.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I think I am the only one making them in quanity right now . I needed one and no one was making them so I did! I've seen the holz piece on this site but never in person! How much was it ? All others the others where $50-70.00 more than the what I charge .At $100.00 shipped I think my kits are a good value and IMO are superior to anything previously offered.

DITTO ^^^^

BEST piece and BY FAR the best value around...anyone who gets this part will be MORE then satisfied with its strength and the added strenght it provides..I LOVE MINE...

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada

I purchased it back in 07. I want to say it was around the 75.00-85.00 range without shipping. It was just a block and bracket.

Premium Features