• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss Seats?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Of all the dough I spent on my M7 last year, definitely the best investment. As stated, stock seat too low, and way too hardand too thin of foam.. bouncing yer ball$ off the gas tank definitely NO fun :D

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
I agree with the contractor and the champ, first thing to go on my sleds, I even put one on my daughters m5.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
It's threefold for me, I bought it cause it raised the seat height and is really comfortable, looks great and is lightweight, and has a ton of storage especially with the shovel pouch. The price is the only downfall, until you own one, then you won't go without a Boss seat on any sled you buy. Just don't get the '09 stock Boss seats on the M's, they are rock hard! I don't think they look as appealing either, but still better looking than the Skid brand seats. You do get what you pay for with a Boss seat in the end, especially because they hold their value so well for resale when you want to get rid of it when you get a new sled! :beer;

Bill1010630

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
British Columbia
Used to only use my stock seat to eat my lunch on, with the Boss I find that the transition from seated to standing is so much easier on the knees.With a 4 inch rise in my handlebar I can actually sit down and ride comfortably on the trail home. Great buy but a little spendy.

D
Feb 22, 2008
Chelan WA.
There were a few years I said I would never waste 500$ on a seat...
2 years ago, Mitch Evans-Evans Marine, encouraged me to try one.
He gave me one brand new in box, said if I didnt like it,bring it back...
I still have it.
I dont think I will ever own a sled w/out a boss seat again.
WELL WORTH THE $

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I agree with everybody else once you go Boss you don't go back. Bite the bullit and buy the seat once you ride with one you'll wonder what took you so long. As far as the new Boss for the 09 M8 they are hard but not any harder than the one on my 03 summit. When you order a new Boss seat you normally tell them your weight and they build the seat accordingly. I think they used the foam for a 220-250 lb. person for the Cat seats. The trunk on the new Cat seat is at least twice the size of any other Boss seat. The fit to the tank is a lot better than last year I had the two side by side and went back and fourth (stand on one look down where the seat and tank meet you will see the new one is a lot better) I don't like the look of the dip down to the tank but it does fit better on the sides, your boots won't be catching on the new one.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
I'm still on the fence. Just got one this year for my M7, I have 4 rides on it. I don't sit down enough to notice a difference yet! I put an Iso-Vibe riser system on my M7 and Really like it. Takes all the shock out of the trail and hitting bumps. At the end of the day my arms and shoulders aren't shot any more.:beer;

B
Nov 27, 2007
The alternative is to take your stock seat to a local up. shop and get them to build it up. I had mine done for a 1/4 of the cost of a boss seat. Hard to justify the cost of a new seat when it is worth almost as much as the sled.

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
I have an HMP on my M7 and although I stand pretty much all the time, where I find it really more comfortable and useful is that I like to have one knee on the seat. I would say there is less pressure on your knees in the sit/stand transition for those of us with bad knees too.

C
Feb 1, 2008
Well worth the money

The older and stiffer your knees get the more the seat is worth the investment. Transitioning from sitting to standing is the most important when you are tired and your knees are sore. If all you do is trail ride than you won't get quite as much benefit but if you are a boondocker , sidehiller and mountain rider then they are very useful. A little too firm at first but then they seem to soften up a bit and take a set to where they eventually feel like a pair of old leather shoes. Pricey but worth it.:beer;:beer;:beer;

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The only advice I can give you is order early and make sure you have the salesman repeat your order back to you. I ordered mine all black, only a white boss logo, and NOS bottle storage pouch.

I ordered the Boss seat for my 04 900 MC in August. Two weeks ago the seat actually showed up. When I opened the box I found a seat for a M series, not a 1M. Now I have to wait another month and a half for my replacement seat to get here.

Wow, I was pissed.

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
probably worth for arctic cats i never got one for my m7 but i have a dragon now and it is a lot nicer having a higher seat. probably spend 500 bucks somewhere else trying to lose 8 lbs anyways

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
The alternative is to take your stock seat to a local up. shop and get them to build it up. I had mine done for a 1/4 of the cost of a boss seat. Hard to justify the cost of a new seat when it is worth almost as much as the sled.

Do you have pics of this?

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
I always figured i needed one, so i finally got one for the new M. I never really sat down at all, so im trying to do it once in a while to see if it was money well spent. With my little people (MIDGET) legs, its damn near high enough to be sitting and standing at the same time haha. So far i like it, although i dont agree with it being more cushy then the stocker, and mines not the snow check seat either. It looks good, and is certainly lighter, and waaaay lighter when you get some moisture in the stock one.

Premium Features