• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Install on 06m7

D

DusterB

Nov 26, 2007
B-Town MT
I installed a boondocker box (issue date was Jan o6) on my 06 m7 (stock pipe, Tsled intake, snostuff can) and once everything was plugged in - gave her a pull and it spit and sputtered than quit. About 2 seconds total run duration. So naturally I plugged the ecu back to the injectors and it ran fine. All my numbers are at 00 00 00 00 and I double checked my instructions and they said to make sure that it is grounded to the "Chassis Ground" and it is and the plugs are correct. Im stumped... it is a brand new box...WTF? Am i missing a stupid step here..?? I checked all the wires and everything looks good. Any Ideas???

Last edited:
S

sledbilly

Apr 9, 2007
did you look at the injector wires? 05 and 06 are not the same you might have to swich some wires around.

-alex

more than likely wiring issue. there are differences in how the b/d injector plugs are setup based on year built as said above. I found that the b/d instructions could have been a bit clearer.

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Get on Boondockers web site. They have detailed instructions on here. I just installed one on my 06 and I had to change around one wire. Fired it up and it works great. If you have any more questions just pm me.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Yup same as all the others here, really have to pay attention to the wiring schematic when installing, ensure all the clips are making good connection as well. Did you get the nitrous box and the 9 volt plug? Helps to play with it havin a beer on the couch to get used to the functions :D

D

DusterB

Nov 26, 2007
B-Town MT
Looking at the wiring order on the ECU - I did have the change the Mag side plug - BUT it still is not getting a signal from the BD (I Think) I even took it to my AC tech and he thought everthing looked correct as far as the install. I have the BD grounded to the bulkhead on the can side. (it calls for a Chassis Ground) I ***ured that would work.

Premium Features