• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bulkhead replacement ???s

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Looking for someone wth experience replacing a half a bulk head on an axys. As of this moment we are not sure what happened but my dads girlfriend did some pretty good damage to her '15 pro s.

Looks like the lower arm is broke, shock cylinder is snapped and the tabs where the lower a arm mounts (exhaust side) are snapped off

We ordered a half a bulk head and associated parts and will under take it as a spring project but never done this on a sled. Anyone with insight or does and don'ts be awesome

For those curious the tracks were followed back and there is no sign of her hitting anything. So it must have been some pre existing damage. We are really at a loss for what led to what

I'll post pics when I get some

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Not too familiar with the Rush support structure, but look closely at the tunnel, e.g., behind the driveshaft, to make sure there are no kinks before you get into it. Someone hit something. Hard.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
We dove into it today and did most of the disassembly

Looks like it took a very hard hit on that side. The front lower a arm mount bolt was even bent Pretty straight forward disassembly. Looks good back by the chain case. No signs of other damages

IMG_1465.jpg IMG_1466.jpg IMG_1467.jpg IMG_1468.jpg IMG_1469.jpg

C
Oct 1, 2018
AXYS RF Bulkhead - Does engine have to come out

MickyD32, Tks for your info and posts. I am embarking on same RF Bulkhead replace on a 2016 800 Switchback and would like to know if you had to remove engine??
Polaris service manual refers to this, and I'm sure someone out there has done it without motor removal.
Any advice appreciated,
Thanx

G
Mar 10, 2021
idaho
AXYS RF Bulkhead - Does engine have to come out

MickyD32, Tks for your info and posts. I am embarking on same RF Bulkhead replace on a 2016 800 Switchback and would like to know if you had to remove engine??
Polaris service manual refers to this, and I'm sure someone out there has done it without motor removal.
Any advice appreciated,
Thanx
did you end up pulling the motor?

Premium Features