• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

foot well vent

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
Just curious, I had a problem with my 13 filling with snow around the clutches and quick drive which is why I also had footwell vents on that. I have yet to have a chance to ride my axys because of our weather. The stock vents on the axys look to cover a small amount more than the pro ride. Do you have the same experience with snow getting in there around belts with the axys?

Dec 24, 2008
vents

Just got my ride Going to take her out this weekend . Looks like a lot of snow can get in from the wells. If I can find some I'll put them on.

P

Peterbilt359

Sep 21, 2009
West
I got a 163-3 axys and got 5 days of riding on it. At the end of each day i have had to clean snow out of the chain-case area so it doesn't freeze in there. Not as concerning since i don't have the quick drive but annoying none the less. I have had zero snow on the clutch side so not sure if its coming in from the foot vents or the side panel.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
17 days of riding, 450 miles and havent had any issue with snow coming in the foot well vents. I put vents on my 12 and 14, dont see the need with the new design on the 16. Eric

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I bought a set ( left and right) from MTN TEK last year from my 15 Pro- and I haven't heard back from them if they are going to make a set for the 16 Axys yet..
I find the 16 stockers to be better than the 15 stockers on last years pro- but there is still a large amount of snow that comes in around the outside edge of the foot well loop- Has frozen my QD more than once- and having ES ( the battery) makes it a pain to clear out-
Have to pull the 3 push pins to open the Mag panel to chip it ... I always lift the rear of the sled before heading out to spin the track and warm the clutches/ belts ( clutch and QD):bowl:

S/C

Dec 24, 2008
vents

I bought a set ( left and right) from MTN TEK last year from my 15 Pro- and I haven't heard back from them if they are going to make a set for the 16 Axys yet..
I find the 16 stockers to be better than the 15 stockers on last years pro- but there is still a large amount of snow that comes in around the outside edge of the foot well loop- Has frozen my QD more than once- and having ES ( the battery) makes it a pain to clear out-
Have to pull the 3 push pins to open the Mag panel to chip it ... I always lift the rear of the sled before heading out to spin the track and warm the clutches/ belts ( clutch and QD):bowl:

S/C
Thanks I'll check them out also I just posted a pic. of a 14 mi ride

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I had some of Mike Taylor's footwell block off plates off my pro that I cut to fit the AXYS, helps keep snow out but not all of it.

Premium Features